Author Topic: dog hair  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Blacktail

dog hair
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:40:53 am »
does any know of the best way to get dog hair out of a car...we just bought a little junker truck and there is alot of hair in the carpet..john

Offline osage outlaw

Re: dog hair
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:53:38 am »
Try some lint rollers
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:32:01 am »
I've got the same problem with my new truck.  I'm interested to hear some more answers.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:38:18 am »
maybe a scrap piece of Velcro, the hooks not the loops. Give that a try, you may spend some time picking out the hair out of the Velcro though.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:27:59 am »
Duct tape ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline cracker

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:00:13 am »
I've read that you can wear rubber gloves and rub you're hands across the area and it will roll up the hair in wads making it easier to remove. Never tried it so don't know for sure. If you try it let us know how it works. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 10:51:12 am »
Tear the carpet out.....
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 12:06:12 pm »
Tear the carpet out.....

Thats about it. So many will be locked into the fabric fibers that all the tape in the world wont pull it out. No critters ride in my trucks for that reason.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 01:24:33 pm »
A pickup without a dog is like a hamburger with no meat. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 01:39:43 pm »
Dogs in the back, women in the front....
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline doggonemess

• That's My Web Guy
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 05:11:03 pm »
I have a vacuum cleaner that has an attachment called "power claw". It's basically a spinning brush powered by the airflow. It works great on our stairs, which are carpeted with cat hair.

One thing you can try is go pick up a 'slicker brush'. It's used for dog grooming, and they aren't very expensive. It should have more grip than the fabric the hair is stuck in. Of course, you're going to be picking the hair out of the brush. I like to use a fork to get the hair out. So brush the dog (or carpet) and when it starts to fill up with hair, use the fork to push the hair off the brush.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 03:16:38 pm »
Go to a feed suply, or pet store they have gloves made out of a sticky rubber that picks hair up real well.....just ask they should be able to figure out what I am taling about. You can also use some spray window cleaner to slightly wet the surface of the material that should make it easier to vaccum.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 04:48:02 pm »
Leave the hair and put on a seat cover!
 ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:42:05 pm »
Dogs in the back, women in the front....

Lock 'em both in the trunk of a car for half an hour and guess which one will be happy to see you when you open the trunk up?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Lemos

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »
Put on your best going to church or interview for a job suit and sit in the truck, it'll work I promise. Suits are hair magnets,it works even quicker if your actually going to church or an interview