Author Topic: bamboo dragon 61 ntn  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Squirrelslayer

Re: bamboo dragon 61 ntn
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 06:54:06 am »
too bad about that hynge but like the risor colour
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 07:55:17 am »
Very nice, indeed! There's just something about a bamboo bow I like and James builds some of the finest and smoothest ones i've shot.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 09:23:57 am »
Makes me want to go back to the drawing board! My last attempt at a bamboo lam went south :'(
She's a real looker.
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline Gaur

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 10:10:06 am »
Thanks for the kind words Iconicmuffin (funny handle.  I'd like the hear the story behind that one)
Thanks Pappy.  Yes he's a pretty good coach even over skype. 

SS.  Yes the hinge bummed me out a bit but its still holding up as a bow and shoots good so I hope it lasts.  If not I learned something more anyway.

Thanks Eddie.  I too am a sucker for bamboo.  I even like the smell of it.  One of my other projects is to make a bamboo bike sometime.  I have two of James bows so far and another one waiting for me when I get home this summer that I am looking forward to shoot.  I don't think he should be too worried about me passing him up any time soon.  Esp in how fast he can produce them.  He told me he had a walk in hot box that could do something like 20 bows at once before.  Anyway I'll keep sending him buffalo horns to keep him distracted away from bamboo.  >:D

Thanks Knapper.  They aren't easy for me either.  The hard part about these is that you can only thin the sides and not scrap the belly so you have to be somewhat close at glue up to a tillered bow.  The knee tilling trick helps too though. 
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline hatcha

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 06:19:24 pm »
Nice work, Gaur.  I've got a pre-formed, glued-up bow blank of James' on it's way to me and if I manage to finish it half as well as you've managed to do from scratch!!, I'll be very happy!!

Offline Jmilbrandt

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »
Wow Gaur! That turned out beautifully! I will have to try one of those some day! And I would love to see pictures of that bamboo bike if you get around to it.  8)
SW Utah