Author Topic: I've been busy..................  (Read 6063 times)

Offline missilemaster

Re: I've been busy..................
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 12:39:47 pm »
Geez Cody...I'm still recovering from Marty's...and you go out and cut n split 50 something bows worth of wood....looks like a good batch of wood there.

Marty's got me fired up!
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 12:52:17 pm »
if your talking about European buckthorn, one of the best ways to recognize it is that the leaves stay on an green for a very long time, they also small dark berries.

European buckthorn is such a problem in minnesota and elsewhere but i hardly ever see 'em that large, maybe our buckthorn forests just aren't as mature yet. The problem with european buckthorn is that it is very hardy and spreads very easily as birds eat the berries that "pass right through them" and spread them everywhere.

A few years ago I contacted a park district where i live and asked if i could cut some buckthorn, and even offered to treat the stumps my self, as i guess you are supposed to treat them or they crop up a bunch of feeders. Anyway the district said they can't allow me to do that, for one reason or another, imagine that, someone is offering to remove noxious trees, and treat the stumps free of charge, and they say no, that's what i get for asking :)
45# at 27"

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 01:23:37 pm »
Wow Cody !!
A new king is born !  ;)
Its all your fault !  :laugh:
Good haul !
Save me a long strait boring one !
See ya soon !
Guy

I hope I get rested up from Mart's in time to go to the Classic !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 04:55:21 pm »
You need to get busier pal! I started on that chunk you gave me and I LOVE it already. Talk about nice wood to work. I did all my work with a draw knife and rasp, never touched the saw. Its heated and reflexed, ready for overlays.

Im gonna need another half dozen chunks! CHOP-CHOP
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 05:30:14 pm »
Nice haul. I googled buckthorn and found out its listed as an invasive species here in ohio.......just isnt any in the part i live in. >:(
Steve Bennett