Linked Events

• A central KY mini bowyer get together: February 19, 2013 - February 21, 2013

Author Topic: A central KY mini bowyer get together  (Read 57019 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: A central KY mini bowyer get together
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2013, 12:43:15 am »
Clint, the 10 pack is probably cheaper, but I'd rather pay a little more and get what I want or think I want.  haha 

Chris, sounds like you're thru the hard part of arrow makin' already.  The weather is a little nasty here today.  Rain mostly.  It's supposed to clear up and be mid-50's on Friday.  A little cooler on Saturday with a chance of rain.  All in all not bad for March.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2013, 07:25:33 am »
A.M Leonard out of OH sells bulk premium Tonkin in 3/8 by 36" and 48" for $50 shipped. 500 or so in a bundle. I've had real good luck with them and I can sort them at home. I got some spring special a few years ago and had them shipped for $40. That will last me a while ;D

Is anyone bringing food items for a pitch in or anything like that? Just wondering.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2013, 09:43:36 am »
I'm fixin' wild boar lasagne and venisen roast with vegetable for Friday and Saturday evening.  If you want to bring a side item I'm sure it will be eaten.  Breakfast and snacks we're on our own.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:17 pm »
Hey Dave,
I'm planning on being there Saturday morning, and camping in the back of my truck that night.  I'll bring dutch oven apple cobbler, how many do you expect will be there  Saturday?

Being a beginner, I'll be doing a lot of listening and watching the shavings fly.  I'll also have a couple of pignut hickory staves for ya.  I haven't shot in some time, so I'll enjoy doing a little of that.

Thanks
Bill
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline TRACY

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »
Sounds like a plan. I'll make sure to bring something that goes with the menu.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »
It looks like about 9 people will be here Friday and 15 people on Saturday.  There's still 4 "maybe's" I haven't heard from.

I"m going to cook the venison and vegetable roast on Friday,  So it there's any left over, I'll turn it into soup for a snack on Saturday.

Saturday's meal will be wild boar lasagne.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »
I be a packing the shaggin wagon full o goodies n toys for all the good lil boys n girls tonight :)

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2013, 03:28:16 pm »
Ill be packing tomorrow night hope to be on the road by 6am Friday morning and there by 10 i can't hardly wait its like Christmas when I was a kid
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2013, 06:14:59 pm »
I got off early today and I'm off all day Thursday as well.  woohoo Looking forward to everyones arrival.

Here's the directions with a signifcant landmark that I left out earlier:

Directions might help, also:
Since most of you are coming from the north, I'll give directions from that point of view.
Take I-75 south to exist 95.  If coming from the south take I-75 north to exit 95.
Turn on hwy 627 toward Winchester.  Those coming from the north turn left.  Those coming from the south turn right.
Go about 3 miles, you'll see a sign for hwy 3377.  Slow down it comes ups quickly.
Turn right on 3377 NEXT TO THE GENERAL DOLLAR STORE
3377 crosses a railroad track then T's to a stop
Turn left at the T and go about 3 more miles.
Stoney Run Rd is on the right.  Turn onto Stoney Run Rd.
Go about 2.5 miles out Stoney Run. You'll see a large white metal building with an antique John Deere on a dirt ramp in front of it. Go to the next driveway and turn RIGHT.  There's a large black mailbox with 565 on the left side of the road across from my driveway.  Turn RIGHT in front of the mailbox.  If you haven't gotten it yet, my driveway is on the RIGHT.
The driveway is 1/2 mile long.  You won't see the house from the road.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:06 pm »
I put up signs around the 3-D course this evening.  And well, I just had to shoot the course afterward.  Of a possible 132, I scored 70.  So, the high score and the score to beat.  haha  I'm sure that number won't stand long.

The course is pretty realistic distances.  I believe the closest is around 10 yards and the longest is 27 yards.  It was fun and good to shoot again.  I actually shot much better than I expected to do.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2013, 12:12:11 pm »
Tick tock...tick tock....tick tock.......damn that clock...it is torturing me today .....Dave I'll be coming down 79 n from 64 after Charleston west by god ;) leaving at two n a few hours...see ya bout 8ish

Offline BearG

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »
Well as much as I'd like to be there, I'm not going to make it. I have had a cold for two weeks now and need to try to get over it. Y'all have fun and take some pics.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2013, 12:24:33 pm »
Chris is you get this call me.  You'll be coming a different direction for what I posted.  You don't need to get on I-75
859-582-2306
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:31:21 am by hedgeapple »
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2013, 12:41:15 pm »
Pm sent Dave..

Sorry to hear that bear....I know I'll see ya soon at the classic tho...I know a cold ain't gonna stop you from making that one ;)

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2013, 01:03:49 pm »
I'll see you guys tomorrow... :D Drive safe folks!