Author Topic: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)  (Read 46000 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)
« Reply #240 on: February 05, 2013, 07:54:30 am »
************************* DO RESEARCH IF YOU WANT TO KNOW YOUR PERSONS EXACT DRAW LENGHT ****************************

As explained a few times already. A persons draw can vary 1-2" easily just by the style of bow you make them. Im 27" rigid handle and 26" at most with a bendy short bow. Most all of us post enough info that a person can easily dig up what they need to know in 2 minutes.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2013, 08:00:20 am »
The committee has one more person that needs to be discussed and ok'ed. As soon as we have come to an answer the official number will be released and pearl drums will send the list to calendargirl(Marie). Marie will be drawing and sending out the names again this year....please be patient and bear with us guys, I know everyone wants a name right now,but this is gonna take some work to process this and get everyone a name thanks to Marie. This is a huge trade and a lot to handle.

Again thanks to everybody who signed up...we couldn't do this without all the stand up trustworthy honest folks here...you guys are the ones that make this happen. This trade is run off of the great integrity of everyone here.

And please keep in communication in the works in progress thread....we have near 80 guys to keep track off...please help us out and do your part by chiming in every once in awhile so we don't have to go hounding you,and it'll make it easier on the commitee and all of us.

HAVE A GREAT TRADE GUYS!!!!!AND MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN!!!!!

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2013, 09:50:34 am »
Thanks again for organizing this, guys and gal. Looking forward to it. I'm honoured to be a part of such a great group of people . No political, geographical,religious boundaries.Just a generous bunch of people sharing  a passion that connects us all . Let the games begin!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2013, 09:51:41 am »
Wooo hoo!  Let's the games begin!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JonW

« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2013, 10:01:14 am »
Pearl I didn't mean I get two. I'll make two bows if needed. Heck I'll even say right now I'll make up for the no shows. But we won't have any of those this year. RIGHT GUYS?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:10 am »
Right on Jon! I can smell a 100% success rate this year!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:53 am »
This is shaping up to be an amazing trade...  I can't wait to see all the personalities spill out into this trade via their bows....  Yippee ki-yay ....  lets get go to work this rodeo started ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:10:46 am by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2013, 11:03:15 am »
Yeah... great fun ahead :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2013, 11:06:53 am »
my draw is right round 28 for whoever's lookin.  think i put 24-28, honestly i can live with 26-30 in my weight range.

Looks like it's going to be an awesome trade.  Let the shavings fly!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2013, 11:45:02 am »
This is shaping up to be a great bow trade. I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool bows and watching the not so experienced get more experience and self confidence. Even though I'm not in this years trade I am here for support and any help I can give. Feel free to PM me if you have a problem or any questions. I'll do what I can to answer you in a timely manner. You are in great hands with the trade moderators so don't be a stranger...just don't bug them with minutia.
 I know that there are a few disappointed folks that did not fulfill the requirements for this years trade but I encourage you to get involved with support and the spirit of the trade. Heck, build a bow along with everyone else. It will only improve your abilities and when done you will have another bow for your stable or to give to a friend or family member.
 I'm gonna be the bummer here....I've been in every bow trade and Christmas exchange here on PA. It is inevidable that one or more of the participants will not fulfill their obligation to the trade and to the members of the PA community. I am always amazed how we, as a community, cover any deficiencies so everyone involved in the trade(or Christmas exchange)will recieve what is coming to them because this is one of the best groups around, one that I have been proud to be a part of for many years.
  We all know how life can get in the way. We have no control of our health, our family's health, work or a number of other situations that may get in our way of completeing our obligation.
  If you find yourself getting in the weeds or a situation comes up that delays or prevents you from completeing your trade bow, please contact myself or any or the other trade moderaters and we will see if we can come up with a solution. Don't wait until the last moment to spring this and don't just walk away never to be seen or heard from again. Just man up and we will figure it out. We all understand how these things happen.
  We have no real recourse for slackers. You will get away with what ever you get but you will have to live with yourself about that. If you do "crap out" on this trade your name WILL go on to a list of other dead beats and that list covers a wide area of this world and the ciber world.
  Please make me a liar. If would be a first if we get 100% fulfilment but I for one would love to see that. It is not impossible and I trust that this group of folks will make themselves, our comunity and PA proud of our accomplishments. These trades are very good advertisement for Primitive Archer Magazine, our benefactor, and helps increase our membership numbers and magazine subscriptions. It helps us pay our dues!
So with all that said, lets get ready to get this ball rolling. Please be patient while waiting to see who your recipient will be. Marie Luther(Calendergirl) has again volenteered to help draw names and distribute the names. Marie has a job already and a family to take care of so please thank her for her efforts here. And, thanks to Blackhawk, Pearlie, Coaster and whomever else is involved in getting this trade going. A special thanks should go out to all of you too. You are going to make this 2013 PA Bow Trade a resounding success and help to keep it all runnung smoothly until the last bow goes out to its recipient.
  Like Mat said...."Let the games begin!"
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2013, 11:48:07 am »
If you can not figure out how to research or you are having trouble with info on the person you are building for just shoot me a PM and I'll do some digging for you. Please do your best to research yourself first as it would take allot of time to research 80 people.
 To search for a members info go to the top of the main page to "members" you will see the drop down and click on "search member"  By going threw the members postings you can often get a good idea of what he likes or may want for a bow. You might want to do something that he doesn't have instead!
 Good luck with your builds and remember to have fun and enjoy the process of building a true blessing for your fellow tribal member!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2013, 11:52:58 am »
Sorry I left you out of the moderaters list Keenan.  :-[ 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2013, 12:00:16 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D   No offense my friend

Offline bcbull

« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2013, 12:14:58 pm »
hey kennan good idean on the srech but i have a big ? for ya like gordon says id feel a heck of a lot better  if i knew the persons actuall draw legth haha i know ya can find some of that info but  man if each of us could make a short post for actuall draw legth it d help i know good n well most of us can hit that mark ill start off my true draw is 28   Lets hear you guys  OPTIONS on that BROCK

Offline Keenan

« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2013, 12:30:53 pm »
Brock we started a thread just for that purpose.