Author Topic: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)  (Read 46043 times)

Offline Old timber bows

• I live to build bows
Re: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:40 pm »
I am in boys sound good blackhack and pearly hook me up draw lg 28 inches - 45 to 55 RH bow shiping in USA only please lets, have fun building bows boys take care God bless.
Old timber bows

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2013, 08:55:13 pm »
Man I need a name and some stats. I got like eight bows half tillered ready to go to OJAM to finish up. I'm chompin' at the bit boys!

You can go ahead and start using my stats Jon  ;D  One of your sweet short bows would fit me like a glove.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline KellyG

« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »
Blackhawk, PatB, Keenan, Pearl Drums, and Coaster500

I am in Left Handed 45-55# 24-28"    I am willing to try and ship any where.

Man I hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew.  :-X :embarassed:

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2013, 12:59:09 am »
         I'm in,
          I hold the bow w/my left hand and draw w/ my right,
         40-55#at 24-27,
         sorry but US only.
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

blackhawk

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2013, 01:59:30 am »
Wow...holy smokes.....this is awesome so far guys!!!!!! Wow  ;D

Remember Monday at midnight is the deadline to sign up...I think there's room for more

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2013, 07:28:12 am »
hey can anyone help with shipping me and tgmatt have a trade going on, im in collge/highschool and i think so is he but not sure. anyway i think i can pay for the shipping of rawhide to the US but he says he might not beable to pay it over here to the UK so i was wondering if anyone could help us out?
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2013, 09:45:02 am »
Man this is great. Should provide months worth of viewing pleasure if everyone post updates and photos of their progress as they build
their trade bow. Thanks again to Blackhawk, Pearl Drums, Coaster, Pat & Keenan for doing the organizing of this, what a great way to
bring the group together.
Can't wait to see who's name I draw,  want to start my 1st trade bow!!!
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline KellyG

« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2013, 10:10:51 am »
Pearl since you  are tracking the names you want me to send you the list of names we banned over on trad gang. If so let me know.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2013, 12:15:23 pm »
hey can anyone help with shipping me and tgmatt have a trade going on, im in collge/highschool and i think so is he but not sure. anyway i think i can pay for the shipping of rawhide to the US but he says he might not beable to pay it over here to the UK so i was wondering if anyone could help us out?

Your constant begging is getting on my nerves, I dont care how old you are. I have two boys 14 & 16, If I caught them doing the same thing you are, they wouldnt walk right for a week. Rather than begging and pleading? Try effort and work, you may find out its not so bad.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2013, 12:44:44 pm »
I agree with you PD that's the way I was raised also if you wanted something bad enough you worked for it & that's what I tell my kids because if I caught my kids doing it they wouldn't be able to walk right or sit for awhile.
Rob

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2013, 01:46:56 pm »
I got to agree Squirrel. I'm 17 and have been trading on this site for about 2 years all around the country. I haven't asked for one donation in all that time and don't plan on it.

I started in your same position. No goods and not a lot of money. Here's what I did....

I bought a poplar board at Lowes for 3 bucks. Using only hand tools, I turned it into six beautiful atlatls. I tradeded 3 for staves and sold 2 for $20 bucks a piece. Using that money I began to purchase various things I needed. I bought leather purses and jackets at thrift stores, found old tools at garage sales, turned junk steel into functional knives, built and sold bows, making another $200 bucks in the process. Two of my bows are owned by members on this site and as far as I know, they are very satisfied.

I have traded with as much generosity as I've been able to and have made small purchases here and there. Haven't had a bad trade yet and I've done probably 4-5 dozen. You'll find people are generous once they get to know you are a man of your word and do everything you can to ensure that they are just as happy as you are. I've never asked for something for free, yet the more deals I complete and the more friends I make, the more and more I find that people are willing to help me, and I would do the same for them.

As soon as I turned 16 I got a job worked hard around sports and school. Bought a car, and have enjoyed a fair amount of freedom this past year.

All your begging has been pissing me off too, since I feel like your giving us younger folks a bad name.

Just really asking you to please stop, and make do with what you got. It ain't impossible.

Jon

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »
Id like to add briefly here. I have to say, i do feel for you, not because of the way your going about getting help but because i have a similar situation. I only have 5$ in my pocket, but i have a large number of things id like to buy or do that require money. The biggest expense id like to save for is beginning beekeeping. Which totals around 400$. I know i have to get a job for the expense as well as other. And the reason i bring beekeeping into this, like ifrit said, if you have something people want they will trade you for it. I can sell honey to people i know, and i can trade it on here for things that i want, same with the wax from bees. A good suggestion, if you can find someone to work for until you can acquire a solid job that's one way of going about it. Another is what ifrit suggested, build things that people would trade for or they would buy. Also, highly advisable to not take over others' posts by putting an unrelated topic in the thread that was created for something else. This one is one example, this thread was meant for the bow trade, if it doesn't pertain to it it doesn't go here.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline k-hat

« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2013, 02:56:56 pm »

Your constant begging is getting on my nerves, I dont care how old you are. I have two boys 14 & 16, If I caught them doing the same thing you are, they wouldnt walk right for a week. Rather than begging and pleading? Try effort and work, you may find out its not so bad.

Come on Chris, tell us how you really feel 8)

Ditto to what's been said, i think most of us on here are po folks, that's part of the draw (if even a small one) to this craft.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:46 pm »
Now back to business....

I cannot refrain any longer.... I'm in

right handed
50-65 # (aka: 50 is good, it's ok if you go over, but i don't want another hernia  :o)
24 - 28"
usa shipping only

Thanks for the goading Chris >:( ;)

Let's roll :)

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2013, 03:03:22 pm »
ok sorry everyone i was just looking for a little help but i will start new and hope we can all be freinds after this, sorry for all of thoose i have annoyed and will never ask for any freebies or beg for anything again. sorry guys. no hard feelings? SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee