Author Topic: My First Crossbow, 125# draw  (Read 8899 times)

Offline danny f

Re: My First Crossbow, 125# draw
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 01:04:54 pm »
this looks awesome. i saw a program where a man went hunting with different tribes all over the world and one of them had a crossbow exactly the same as this but the stock was longer. i would love to have a go at one of these one day.

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 02:51:09 pm »
well they dont disappoint as a weapon, thats for sure! they can be hard to get used to aiming because they dont aim at all like a gun, but it is far faster than i expected, and more accurate, too! with a heavy bolt like this one, i completely shattered a ten gallon bucket. i will post a video of it in action as soon as i get my camera working
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 04:24:32 pm »
well they dont disappoint as a weapon, thats for sure! they can be hard to get used to aiming because they dont aim at all like a gun, but it is far faster than i expected, and more accurate, too! with a heavy bolt like this one, i completely shattered a ten gallon bucket. i will post a video of it in action as soon as i get my camera working

Sweet, can't wait for the video. This bow looks awesome.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 12:14:26 am »
should be able to post that tomorrow :)
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline AH

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 02:38:37 am »
maybe it's just my eyes messing with me again, but it looks like the handle area (or what would be the handle area of the prod if it were a hand bow) is bending a tad hard? other than that, I have to say that's one cool crossbow. ;D

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 02:00:32 pm »
yeah it very well may be. ive never tillered a bow this short before, and it gave me one heck of a time trying. but it doesnt seem to be taking any set there, so im probably just going to leave it. i'll be making another one soon, and that one will be a good deal better :)