Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?  (Read 15522 times)

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

Re: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »
Id like to join in this Year
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline randman

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »
Alright Cesar! That ups my odds of gettin a Cesar bow!
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline wildcat hunter

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2013, 08:58:34 pm »
Like some others, I feel a bit "unskilled" at bow building. Last year I was in 2 bow trades, I thought  I sent out really sharp bows ( Osage ). I got back 2 really "beautiful" bows, I mean they are gorgeous bows. Lots of skill in them, lots of time invested - beautiful! I don't know if I would get back in or not this year. I just feel so humbeled. ????????

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2013, 09:06:33 pm »
i think so long as you tried your best and your tiller is good then you really shoudnt worry about weather its on the skill level of others, if only people who were good joined then none of us noobs would have a chance to try our best to make something awesome
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline randman

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2013, 12:36:14 am »
Wildcat Hunter, just think how much you learned from the 2 bows you got from obviously skilled bowyers. I'll bet every bow you've made since you got them is much improved just from being able to examine those bows and hold then in your own hand. I know I learned a lot just having one of Keenan's bows in my hand to examine close up and also to absorb some of his chi (energy/vibe whatever - hopin it rubs off LOL). Learnin from the masters.......Oh, thaaats how he did that! Or wow, that's nice I'm going to copy that handle wrap and arrow shelf.........

Now if I could just get my hands on one of those Strunk handle wrapped bows, I could figure out how to do that too

Everybody's got something to offer, even the noobs.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline bcbull

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2013, 12:43:11 am »
Ok ill get in again longs elk season dont interfer like last yr and no over seas  brock

Offline Weylin

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2013, 03:16:35 am »

Now if I could just get my hands on one of those Strunk handle wrapped bows, I could figure out how to do that too

I could teach you... but then I'd have to kill you.  ;) Just kidding, but honestly you should just go out to Tillamook and spend a weekend one-on-one with John Strunk. It'll be the best money you've ever spent and he'll teach you how to do his hand wrap.

Offline sleek

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2013, 04:47:59 am »
Well, JW, immitation is a form of flattery. And with a price tag like what he put on it, you must be his idol. Now the question is, how much did it sell for?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2013, 11:31:35 am »
Like some others, I feel a bit "unskilled" at bow building. Last year I was in 2 bow trades, I thought  I sent out really sharp bows ( Osage ). I got back 2 really "beautiful" bows, I mean they are gorgeous bows. Lots of skill in them, lots of time invested - beautiful! I don't know if I would get back in or not this year. I just feel so humbeled. ????????

None of that fancy finish work matters Wild cat Hunter. If you can build a bow that wont hurt anybody when its drawn, you qualify. Im miserable at every aspect of bow buildng but one, I can make the bow bend without breaking and hitting me between the eyes. My tips will never look like Keenans, my skins will never look like Wills, and my tillers will never look like Codys. Its just the way it is! The key, in my eyes anyway, is building a bow that isnt dangerous and that you poured your best into it for your person.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2013, 12:04:32 pm »
What PD said above about sums it up for me, better than I could have said it.  I'm in aw over some of the bows I see on PA.  I aspire to be as skilled, and produce the bows made by some of you guys.  I'm not there.  Probably never will be.  I continue to improve with every bow I've made, and use the bows I see on here as a goal to shoot for.  But, as a rule, my bows don't break.  Not often anyway.

As for PD's bows, I think you underestimate your work.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2013, 12:12:44 pm »

None of that fancy finish work matters Wild cat Hunter. If you can build a bow that wont hurt anybody when its drawn, you qualify. I'm miserable at every aspect of bow building but one, I can make the bow bend without breaking and hitting me between the eyes. My tips will never look like Keenans, my skins will never look like Wills, and my tillers will never look like Cody's. Its just the way it is! The key, in my eyes anyway, is building a bow that isn't dangerous and that you poured your best into it for your person.

Kat it took me quite a bit of thought to jump in last year but man I'm glad I did. My skill level is no where near that of most of the guys here but man it was a great feeling putting my heart into something that went to James Parker!!!! (talk about intimidation)... I'd take one of your bows in a heartbeat. Ive seen where you live and build them. Your lifestyles and personality adds to the desireability of a Wildkat Hunter bows.... One of the coolest things about this trade is seeing the personal touches from different folks.....   Jump in Kat!!! Push yourself a bit and don't forget the horsetail wind check on the bow you send me............
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2013, 12:17:52 pm »
Like whats been said above... Ifn you can make a good bend dont sweat it. Jump in and have fun... It aint the race.. but the journey. Everyone here was a beginner once(and still learnin)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »
sorry for asking but how exacly does this work ? is there somewhere your meant to sign up?
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2013, 02:50:09 pm »

I could teach you... but then I'd have to kill you.  ;) Just kidding, but honestly you should just go out to Tillamook and spend a weekend one-on-one with John Strunk. It'll be the best money you've ever spent and he'll teach you how to do his hand wrap.

You'll never go back to other wraps... It's too attractive.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline coaster500

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2013, 04:00:45 pm »
sorry for asking but how exacly does this work ? is there somewhere your meant to sign up?
[/quote

There will be a sign up thread soon. Please read the rules carefully before signing up...  we're going to have a blast!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)