Author Topic: Question for the gun guys  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Rick Wallace

Question for the gun guys
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:39 pm »
I have a Marlin model 60  22,,The magazine tube is missing.(long story) I tried to order one from Marlin and 2 other parts places,stayed on backorder for over a year and a half.Cant find one anywhere,has anyone ever tried making one? Or does anybody maybe have one? This old gun was my first fathers day present 31 years ago.I would really like to get it up shootin again.         Rick
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Question for the gun guys
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:49:24 pm »
You could try Numrich. They have helped me out a time or two with hard to find parts.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:35 pm »
I just did a quick check of my usual parts suppliers and came up with nothing.  The best advice I can give you is buy a used one and part it out.  You can pick one up for about $80 to $90.  If you bought the magazine tube and plunger new it would cost you close to fifty anyway and thats if you found one.  Gun broker.com has one listed for about $90 right now.  I will keep an eye out for one for you, but I wouldn't hold your breath on finding one.  Those little rifles take a beating and the magazine tube is the most vulnerable part.  Good luck.  Josh

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:16:58 pm »
i have got alot of parts from numrich.my uncle has a model 60 and has used it for a long time.that thing has took a beating.his tube would always try to fall out while we were walking around hunting squirrels.he lost the original but found another.i don't know where he found one.i think he got it from marlin,but that was a long time ago.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:59:46 pm »
Thanks guys,Numrich dont have any available either,mine has a little dove tail looking mount about a quarter way down the barrel but im sure I could make something else work.Thanks for looking Josh,almost no guns at all around here to get at all,a couple rip off shops have went up 3x the prices on old used stuff. Ill keep looking.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:18:53 pm »
That model .22 was one of the first .22 I bought.  Great gun and amazingly accurate, I could take the head off a Duck at 200 yards with it.  The only problem was that it had a tendency of losing the tube magazine.  I sold the gun because of that but I regretted it years later.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline adb

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »
I have a Marlin model 60  22,,The magazine tube is missing.(long story) I tried to order one from Marlin and 2 other parts places,stayed on backorder for over a year and a half.Cant find one anywhere,has anyone ever tried making one? Or does anybody maybe have one? This old gun was my first fathers day present 31 years ago.I would really like to get it up shootin again.         Rick

www.canadiangunnutz.com

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 02:10:02 am »
Thank you all for the help! Found a part. Great  generous people on here!!!  ill be poppin squirrels soon!!   :)