Author Topic: The bow named Grace (pics); but she wasn't meant to be...  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Eastman

The bow named Grace (pics); but she wasn't meant to be...
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:18:03 pm »
First off I would just like to mention where she got her name from, I really had God's grace when making this bow!

This bow was a lot of firsts for me; first : character bow,bow from spliced billets,snakeskin backing etc...
Unfortunately she developed a fatal crack in one of her character dips. This only showed after about 50 arrows, although she did start making popping noises after a few arrows. She (was) Chinaberry with a blesbuck rawhide backing and molesnake skins. 43# @28''
70 ntn. I definitely learned a ton!
''The joy is great of him who strays, in shady woods on summer days, With eyes alert and muscles steady , His long-bow strung, his arrows ready''  -Maurice Thompson

Offline Eastman

Re: The bow named Grace (pics); but she wasn't meant to be...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 03:23:49 pm »
Some more:
''The joy is great of him who strays, in shady woods on summer days, With eyes alert and muscles steady , His long-bow strung, his arrows ready''  -Maurice Thompson

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »
Eastman you could easily slap a thin 10-12" long underlay on that weak area and have a good bow again. Give it a try? 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eastman

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:30:46 am »
One of my bowmaking mentors did slap on a piece of boo on both the back and belly. He shot it at the range today then it shoots fine, but my draw is 29'' (his is 27'') when I draw it, it starts makin noises again. But i'll see what happens and post a few more pics.