Author Topic: woops!  (Read 8028 times)

hunterman

woops!
« on: October 17, 2007, 08:33:00 pm »
hey, how's 'yall doin?

never really got around ta indroducin myself.  pretty funny, s been around 3 weeks and i just remembered.  ;D

well,

names cordell, 14years old, live in san diego CA and iv been makin bows ever since i was 8. just started a new hornbow 3 weeks ago, but i screwed up and i godda start alll over again.  ::)

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/cordell134/stuff/

Beleg813

Re: woops!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 08:39:16 pm »
Nice to meet you Cordell. Brandon here, and I'm very envious that you are 14 with wanna-build-bow disease and I'm 27!

In that picture is that Gemsbok horn?

hunterman

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 09:18:26 pm »
nice to meet ya brandon  :)

yep, the horn's gemsbok. in the process of cutting it, but got grounded for two weeks cuz my grades fell a tiny bit.  :(

Loogster

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:30:23 pm »
buhahaha grounded from bow building?
I take it you didnt pick it up on your own.
how did you mess up? Im about to start building a horn bow for the first time so im kinda curious how you messed up so far. I wish I would have started building when I was eight. I just got into a few years ago and im 18.

Offline david w.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:55:39 pm »
hey nice to meet you im 13 here I started building bows a few months ago, got a mulbery in the works right now! thanks again Mullet!
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 11:10:55 pm »
    You guy's are making me feel old. :'( :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

hunterman

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:42:06 pm »
i did pick it up on my own, acctually  ;D

it's just something i like to do, been doin it for a long time....

hornbow:
1. NEVER use epoxy for the sinew!!!! it's okay for the horn (not veery primitive, but the only thing i had at the time)
2. ALWAYS tie, clamp, or use some meathod of pressure when guleing the horn (mine pulled up)
3. NEVER assume wat you are doing is going to be easy!!!!!!!!!
i made that mistake and i had to buy a new horn and wood (luclky, i hadn't even finished the first layer of sinew when i noticed something was wrong :-[ )

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 12:02:30 am »
    You guy's are making me feel old. :'( :D
Hate to break it to you.  >:D
Actually it could be that they are all just out of diapers.  ;D  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 01:38:09 am »
Nah, Justin to these youngens we are old. Just wait till they are our age and actually start fealing some of those nagging little aches and pains. Especially when they throw thier backs out for the first time!!! Buuuhahahahha!!! We shall laugh then!!!  >:D (If it doesn't kill us, that will put us up arroung our 50's or so!)  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 08:26:07 am »
Its nice to see all you young guns into bow building, just remember Respect Thy Elders   ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 01:03:06 pm »
Ya arnt there yet Dana!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 08:12:45 pm »
That goes for you too David, sheesh young uns ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Loogster

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »
well im sure the elders know much much more about everything than us "young uns"
Something about growing up on a farm where my little brother and I used to try and find ways of hurting each other kind of got us both into bow making. We were making atlatls (sp?) when we hit about sixth grade. Our poor sheep were no match against us and our blunt oak shoots.