Author Topic: New ground for me  (Read 11366 times)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: New ground for me
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 11:44:38 pm »
Thank you for posting this one PD...
I look forward seeing your progression.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 02:12:51 am »
If he's willing to fork a horse he may be the first person to kill a buff with a bow off horseback since Howard Hill filmed it back in the day!

J dub, I wish to correct you on this point and looking forward to you witty rebuke.  But, Gary Morris, the county singer (wind beneath my wings et al) had a hunting show in the early 90's.  His sidekick I believe was Brad or Brian Smith.  Smith made self bows that Gary often hunted with on the show.  On one episode Gary was invited to Reservation I believe in SD to hunt buffalo.  Brad/Brian made an osage bow for him for this hunt.  Gary took a buffalo while on horseback.

I remember this episode because I said to myself, "One day I'll make an osage bow to hunt with."  Well, 15 years later I began this journey.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 11:04:24 am »
Looking great  Chris,  Since Seabass and I are both fairy short with shorty draw lengths I say we get to flip for who gets to shoot. And since we have several who could easily be mistaken for the horses @$$ I vote for Roy as the South end and JW has the north end of the horse. Since Osage Outlaw is the animal with insane strength to split 114 Osage staves in a short time he gets to be the buffalo.  >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 11:09:01 am »
Great plan Keenan, you got Roy's job right! Dont be suprised if this one doesnt make the trip back from TN with me.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 02:28:02 pm »
Looking great  Chris,  Since Seabass and I are both fairy short with shorty draw lengths I say we get to flip for who gets to shoot. And since we have several who could easily be mistaken for the horses @$$ I vote for Roy as the South end and JW has the north end of the horse. Since Osage Outlaw is the animal with insane strength to split 114 Osage staves in a short time he gets to be the buffalo.  >:D

Lol... :laugh:....."classic" stuff right there....lmao  :laugh:

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 07:11:26 pm »
Yes "Classic" for sure and very PA to boot !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 08:02:36 pm »
Just got done adding the final layer of sinew and hide glue. It was resting at 4" reflex before I added this last layer. Im going to let it set up for a day, then reverse brace it 6", or so. After that Im leaving it alone for a few weeks..............then its time to fling some arrows! My plan is to push this bow hard to get a 26" draw.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Roy

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 08:05:10 pm »
Chick Hawkie, don't make me come out there.:)

Offline bubby

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 08:16:01 pm »
can't wait to see this one finished
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »
Funny stuff and sweet bow. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 08:24:14 pm »

Might make a flight east in May worth it! Cant you just see Clint on all fours with a buff hide draped over him? Keenan has that sweet buckskin outfit already.....and Roy? Well he is always in costume. This all coming togther! Even better than my bow project!

Offline bubby

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2013, 06:17:05 am »

Might make a flight east in May worth it! Cant you just see Clint on all fours with a buff hide draped over him? Keenan has that sweet buckskin outfit already.....and Roy? Well he is always in costume. This all coming togther! Even better than my bow project!

take lot's 'o pics, would make a great story in the mag
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Keenan

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2013, 07:20:38 am »
 ;D ;D >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 07:36:37 am »
Sounding real good Chris,looking forward to seeing it shooting,and maybe even get to shoot it. :) Don't shoot shorties very well but love to fling arrows from them. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »

Very funny Keenan.   When my Dad was growing up he was a little husky also.  His nickname was Buff, short for buffalo.  We still call him that every now and then.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left