Author Topic: on how many bows do you work?  (Read 5887 times)

Offline dmenzies1950

Re: on how many bows do you work?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 03:09:11 pm »
Man I'm glad you asked that question! I had to go out to the shop and count. I've got 9 right now in various stages of completion! I usually let a bow sit for a while if I get frustrated with a certain aspect of the construction, start a new one, then come back to it when I get a epiphany of how to finish the darn thing. I guess I've got projects to last a while!
                                                                          Dale
"His bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One, the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel." Genesis 49:24

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 07:02:09 pm »
I have enjoyed this post!  It makes me not feel like the only one who is so afflicted.  I keep a half a dozen or so on my mind and at various stages of progress.  It really is an addiction.    It's nice to see that there are folks on here who have worse cases than my own.  :D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 12:30:44 pm »
Howard, me too.
Have not expected to get so much replies.

Simon
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 12:40:04 pm »
   I have lots of other things going so I go slow. I uselly have 2 or 3 going at one time. With a couple of my own in the back ground. Going slow you always see things you don't when you try rushing things. With bow building you very seldom can go back.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING