Author Topic: osage lightning 62/24 (No. 13)  (Read 10855 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
Re: osage lightning 62#/24"
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 12:18:50 pm »
     Nice bow man.  I really like the horse hair.  How do you dye it?  And where can I get horse hair without having a horse?  Great work.

Bird

Bird, I'm living in Germany - so it makes no sense to tell you my source for horsehair. If you have no acess to horserider take a google search and I'm shure you will find.
Dye job is nothing special, in this case wood dye.

Simon
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline bigbird583

Re: osage lightning 62#/24"
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 11:47:54 pm »
     Yea, that would be along way to go for horse hair but it would be a cool trip. 
     I'm just moved to the east coast of the US and am just trying to find my resources, and now that I think about it, there is a horse racing training track not to far from here.  Now this might be a stupid question but does the hair come off when they brush it or am I supposed to ask somebody if they will give their high dollar horse a haircut for me.  I'm not trying to be rude, just hoping to avoid looking like ass walking up to somebody.
     I really like that look of the hair on top and when I saw that bright red on yours it gave me an idea for when I get to making my daughters their bows.  Their pretty close in age so they both gotta have pretty much the same thing or one gets jealous.  Different color hair on top and we can easily tell the difference and avoid conflict.  And yea I'm gonna get them started early, they're 4 and 5 years old now.
     Again that's a bad lookin bow.  Love it.

Bird