Author Topic: area code or zipcode  (Read 4845 times)

TAGGERD

area code or zipcode
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:16:54 pm »
hello i am new to this site and making a selfbow.my first question is has there ever been and topic posted that list area codes or zipcodes so that bowyers can get together and share ideas or get help.i have been reading on making bows for a while and talked to a bunch and i do mean a bunch of people about it.mostly trying to find someone in my area that is familiar with bowmaking.and have had no luck. if there has been a topic on this could someone point me towards it. area code 940 or zip 76306 Wichita falls, Texas.second question and i have read alot on the forums but what type of wood would ya ll suggest using if you are not very good in the wood working field. and if the answer to that question is get the bowyers bible i am working on that next.thanks for being here.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: area code or zipcode
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:38:43 pm »
  Hey ,do you live near Scotland,south of Wichita falls?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

TAGGERD

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:57:22 pm »
no but i know the area what do you need. i am about 25 min from there.

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:00:03 am »
Sorry,Im not near Texas, but if you want to check out the Rudderbows site the have a new dvd out for 20.00 on how to build a board bow. Lots of good info,how ever they use mostly power tools,I dont and produced a 68 inch nock to nock red oak 50 lbs at 28 in draw. Wish I had a working camera Id show it to ya. I reccomend copying their tillering stick it works good. So just get a stick and get to it! Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 07:05:14 pm »
I'll second the comment on the DVD by Rudderbows.  I got mine yesterday and watched it last night.  No Oscars for production values or acting, but they do a great job visually explaining a lot of the things I read on this board.  Well worth the price.  I was a little disappointed when the 8" x 12" package arrived though.  I also ordered a hickory stave and all I got was the DVD.  Now I'll have to wait until the rest arrives.

Otoe

So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 08:23:41 pm »
Hey Taggard: I'm in the 940 area too but about three hours from Witchita. I'm about thirty minutes from Roger that post's on here time to time and we have yet to get together - though we have been threatening to for a year ;D. Maybe one day but everything takes your time away - best thing is ask question's here and start makin bows - you'll pick it up in no time :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Roger

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 09:51:52 pm »
Yup...I take full blame for that...heh heh heh
 Dang somthing always going on...I need a Vac. I am near Ft Worth...we need to do a Texas w-end thing at Paul's. He's got way more room than me and lots of staves we can pick through... >:D
Weather is cooling off....lets do it...I'll take off work if I can.

R

Offline cowboy

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 10:28:08 am »
Wait a minute - don't be givin all my staves away just yet now, hehehe ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 10:55:30 am »
At least not till I get mine eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:28 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 10:02:24 pm »
rudder bows take forver, but their wood has done well for me.  i can't complain.  good luck, i know no one near me either.  12075, ghent ny
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.