Author Topic: Pin Cherry Bow  (Read 13639 times)

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Pin Cherry Bow
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 09:05:52 pm »
Dang it!  It was pretty while it lasted....  That is the best bow busting photo I have seen in a while.  Thanks for posting BH.  I can go ahead and scratch cherry off my list now.  If it didn't work for you,  with your tillering ability, I ain't messin with it.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 09:09:34 pm »
Hilarious!  I was also thinking "what? no full draw?"   Beautiful bow.   As funny as it is and as ok as you are with it breaking...I wish it didn't.  Looks really cool.   Thanks for a good laugh and thanks for sharing your work.  Awesome!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline seabass

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 09:14:54 pm »
i thought it was a cool looking bow.i am sorry that it didn't hold together for ya.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline coaster500

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 09:38:43 pm »
Dang that was a beautiful piece Hawkman.....  That wood needs a re-visit

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

blackhawk

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 08:53:45 am »
I guess its not "ok" then is it Roy

Howard if you don't like losing when ya play the lotto,then yes,you can scratch this off your list..lol

Your welcome arrowind..and thanks ;)

Don't be sorry Steve..its no big deal

I don't know Kip...it was hard enough to find one suitable piece of this stuff..I think if I did try again id have to get two pieces,and splice them together for a longer bow whose limb aren't bent as far as this ones was. I had done bend tests with this wood,and they just don't bend very far at all before they abruptly snap without warning.

Offline Christian Soldier

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52:15 am »
Christian Soldier, that's my bow :) the one i mentioned on your post.

Oh, Looks good man.  :)

I'm going for a 48lbs at 27in so we'll see how it turns out. Its been awhile since I've broken a bow anyway and I've got a backup oak stave thats about in the same stage of development.

I like living on the edge anyway so unbacked cherry kinda works out then.   ;)
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 03:05:17 pm »
Too bad, this was a pretty cherry lady. luckily you are o. k.
last November a friend of mine wa sshooting his osage shorty (had already developed two hinges, but still shoots for years). He had sudden break in both limbs - incredible, I've never seen such a flying apart on an osage.

Simon
Simon
Bavaria, Germany