Author Topic: Pin Cherry Bow  (Read 13643 times)

Offline Jodocus

Re: Pin Cherry Bow
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 03:12:52 am »
...osage tip overlays....
just so you don't get lost, I presume...

Very nice, very light, very short for it's draw. that must have been a fast little bow. I like the shape, will try to copy that some time, but with a lighter draw  :P
Makes me want to go down to the workshop right now.
Don't shoot!

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 03:18:35 am »
Sweet pic of a bad event...way to break new ground >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 07:41:35 am »
That was a beauty,WAS being the optimal word. ;) :) :) Great picture,glad no one was hurt. :o  Man I hate that bang/pop,we have had several of them scares lately at the club. :) Way worse than the normal tick you sometimes here. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 07:53:14 am »
Clint it could happen..ya never know...playing with character staves is playing with fire and a bigger gamble than a clean straight stave..even if it is osage.

Yes it WAS pappy..lol. and yeah it was one of those unexpected breaks with no warning at all,no ticks,splinters lifting,or frets beforehand.

I didn't trust the thing yet a 100% even after finishing  it,but I thought I proved it enough to get a couple hundred Arras at least out of it...boy was I wrong.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 08:26:18 am »
Ya I know what you mean,Jon's Seagrape done that Saturday,we had shot it several times and was just tweaking the tiller,I braced it and was exercising it , pulling about 1/2 draw and BANG !!!!!!!! Wow ,what a suprise.  :) Wished it had been him pulling it,I hate to break someone elses bow,mine like you not so much. :) I just say O well that didn't work out so good and move on. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 08:36:56 am »
Oh man pappy...so you were the one who broke jons bow  :laugh:  that sucks..ya Musta got a lil red in the face  :-[  lol  :laugh:   sounds we all just need to grab a nice piece of hedge and get back to the "real" bow wood ;) ...yeah it sucks cus it startles ya and can make ya gun shy on the next bow,but ya know after doing this long enough ya just say oh well and move one, and laugh about it. Its not like I am in desperate need of a bow and in need of it for my survival,I got plenty of dependable bows around if need be. ;)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:50 am »
If only your wife was a little faster with the camera you could have put that beauty up for BOM. Lol
Sorry for your loss though. I recently had a mullberry go into five pieces. Luckily I wasn't hurt just had to deal with that are you kidding me feeling.  If you every try that combo again is go Osage with cherry tips.  O:)
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 12:46:45 pm »
That was too funny blackhawk.  Those phony stats had me thinking I needed to go find some cherry. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 01:04:23 pm »
That was too funny blackhawk.  Those phony stats had me thinking I needed to go find some cherry. 

Yup, phony stats can be very deceiving for sure. Even dangerous in the wrong hands.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Christian Soldier

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 04:45:31 pm »
Sorry about the break man, we've all be there.

I've got a choke cherry stave in the making right now, I'll be sure to be very carefull with it.  :)

Its a good bit wider and the backs clean so hopefully it'll turn out allright. I really like the red dye contrast with the belly and the overlays, I think I'll do the same.

You guys will find out in about a month if mine holds together.  :)
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

blackhawk

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 04:51:37 pm »
 Christian id back yours with rawhide at the very least. And go long n wide.

Yeah Carson...go get yourself some ;)

Yeah dvs...it is the cherry BOM...lol...good one  :laugh:

Offline Christian Soldier

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 06:01:54 pm »
I should know better but I'm going to challenge myself and keep it a self bow. That, and I hate doing backings.  ;D

I figure if this guy can do it with such a narrow stave, I should be allright with a wider stave. I guess we'll find out.  :)

http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/50402
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 06:30:27 pm »
Christian Soldier, that's my bow :) the one i mentioned on your post.
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

blackhawk

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 07:01:00 pm »
I should know better but I'm going to challenge myself and keep it a self bow. That, and I hate doing backings.  ;D

I figure if this guy can do it with such a narrow stave, I should be allright with a wider stave. I guess we'll find out.  :)

http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/50402

Good luck on winning that lotto ;)....at least its chokecherry tho,and that gives ya better odds...

Offline Roy

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:45 pm »
That was a sharp looking bow, Chris. Glad your ok and didn't get hurt.