Author Topic: Ammo  (Read 6523 times)

Offline johnston

Ammo
« on: January 15, 2013, 03:14:02 am »
Ammo , guns and accessories. What the hell is going on?

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:20:52 am »
School shootings and fear of government bans/restrictions.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline okie64

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:39:00 am »
Its crazy out there. I went to Academy sports the other day to buy a scope for my .22 rifle and they were completely sold out. They have almost an entire aisle with nothing but scopes but the whole thing was empty. Only scopes they had in stock were the ones behind the counter and I wasnt about to spend 250 bucks on a leupold for my squirrel hunting gun. I asked the guy behind the counter when they would get more scopes in and he said they were getting 2 trucks a week of guns, ammo and accesories and they still cant keep up with demand.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:56:52 am »
My brother in law went to a gun show Saturday in Nashville,got there early and the line was around the building,fire marshal was there and the place was so full they would only let someone in when someone left,took 4 hours to get in. He said it sure wasn't worth the wait,they had nothing left when he got in. :) Only going to get worse at least for a while. It's kind of like the weather man calling for snow,the supermarkets sell out of bread and milk,we always accuse the weather man of being on the big stores pay roll,they call them when they get a lot of close dated stuff.  ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:13:27 am »
I was looking for some CCI Mini Mags HP to Squirrel hunt with.
No body had any.  For weeks on end.
Finally a friend of mine at work found 4-100 count boxes at a pawn shop.
He bought all 4 boxes.  I bought one from him.  That should keep me Squirrel ammo until
Mall-Smart gets some more on the shelves.  When they do I hope to buy several boxes of them.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:29:33 am »
If you get in need let me know,I bought 6  550 count boxes a few months ago and I shoot very little, ;) :) I figure it will someday be they new currency. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 11:55:14 am »
You just might be right Pappy. 

A cousin-in-law of mine has about 250,000 rounds of 22 ammo.
He also has about twice that in other types of ammo. And lots of guns.

It would be nice if 22 ammo could be reloaded......

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 12:42:36 pm »
It's that way everywhere David. About the only ammo you'll find is a little oddball stuff and even that's getting harder to find.  I'm like Pappy. Some people invest in gold and silver, I'm putting my money on brass and lead!
 I need some IMR4895 rifle powder but can't get any :(
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »
I need some 223 but sold out everywhere I have looked. :( guess I have enough  on hand to keep the varmint's away in case they try and over run my place . ;) ;D ;D It is a varmint round you know. ;) :) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »
It's the same down here, you can't find any 22's.  I think everybody has been reading the book the Patriots.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:59:02 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline seabass

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 05:25:28 pm »
i got a few 223 Mark if ya need a few.let me know and i'll bring them down when i come.also got a pound of vihtavuori n 133 rifle powder if anyone uses that.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Stoker

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 07:23:22 pm »
Think you gotter bad. :o We get our stuff from the states. Powder primers are running scarce. A competion shooter gave up the game 6months ago got a couple thousand sp primers and 23lbs of powder for less than half price. For once I made a good move. 223 supplies are running real thin. It'll get better summer I hope.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline johnston

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 02:59:30 am »
I was at my local Sportsman's Warehouse at 10 minutes before opening time this last MONDAY morning
and had to drive around the parking lot because it was full. Finally got in and it was a mad house with
crazy acting folks rushing all over the guns and mostly empty ammo racks. Some were rednecks like me
but there were suit guys in there too.

I remember it being wild at certain times in the past but dear lord folks have gone crazy. I was there to buy
 a hunting handgun but just said the hell with it and left.

I started this thread to see if it was this bad all over. Guess it is. Glad I keep a goodly stock of ammo but
sure wanted that Super Blackhawk.

Offline seabass

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 05:29:34 pm »
the super blackhawk is a fine gun to have.i have a 7 1/2 inch barreled one with buffalo horn grips.it is a handfull with 340 grain buffalo bore heavy mag+p+ 1425fps.good luck finding you one brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 11:02:51 pm »
Our big gun show is this weekend. My buddy and I were going but I might just go squirrel hunting instead. I've got plenty of 22's and 410's for the O/U.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?