Linked Events

• Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous: May 24, 2013 - May 27, 2013

Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 51866 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »
Thinking about what goes on that has not been mentioned !
We should tell folks about the Canadian War bow Society these folks come every year and are an interesting lot ,those into war bows should not miss this event !
Marshall is a very family friendly event !
The kids enjoy the place and terrorize the neighborhood frogs and snakes what a blast !
There is some vending, but a whole lot of trading and gifting going on !
The club sells some food !
We share lots of food !
Usually some ATLATLs
This year my good friend William Blalock will be back after a few years off to care for his father , William is a good source for learning all kinds of primitive skills !!
He usually sells fire kits and elm bark baskets and such so you should not miss seeing him !
Some of the best flintknappers are there !
some flintknapping supplies on sale !
And most of you know there is about as much bow building going on as is possible  !
Hope to see all of you there !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bhenders

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2013, 09:48:31 am »
Don't know if anyone will be interested but I've got a charcoal  'oven' made from a two foot long washtub that I use to straighten bamboo for arrows or atlatl darts.  I'm going to bring that and set it up on Saturday for anyone that wants to see how it works or straighten some bamboo...

Offline osagejack

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:50 pm »
how many people are coming nowdays,,I have been there a few times but it was several years ago, really a great place,

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2013, 08:28:19 am »
Not the huge numbers you remember .
The club had some difficulties and there were a few years We did not know if it would be open when we arrived or not  ,but some of us saw this event as important enough to push on and it has survived !
The club were we hold this event is very stable now, but not into archery so no money for advertizement .
We as a group are able to push forward,  and by word of mouth and this forum we have grown the last three or four years !
I don't have numbers , sorry !
We would be glad to have you back and in fact I am glad to see that you are back at this and have missed you , you not being at these events was a loss but we have compensated some what .
Please consider joining in the fun again with us at Marshall !
Since you are going to be at the Classic ask folks there about Marshall !
I am sure you know Gary Davis , and others that would give you their assessment !
Some of the folks that you will see at both events are ( these are their forum names)  Blackhawk ,Matt Wirwiki , Pearl drums, Missel Master, Tom Talley, and of course Me !
Have fun!
Guy
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:00:37 pm by Buckeye Guy »
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline osagejack

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2013, 10:38:03 am »
In really enjoyed this shoot and all the great people cant remember what year I was there 2001 or 2003  all I remember was it rained till the little creek was out of banks,,  lots of great folks,,i think I gained 10 pounds that weekend,, I will help spread the work,,i will try to put back on my calendar,,

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:15 pm »
Look forward to seeing you there OJack, beit this year or next. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 09:42:34 am »
The families starting to get excited and ready to go camp,shoot,n play...my 4 year old son and I are trying to work on having him a bow made by Marshall so he can be able to shoot it there :) we were telling stories of last years fun yesterday :)

N Im sure my kids will be following your boy around as always Matt ;) weewicki should be about walking by then ;) if he's walking hes old enough to shoot right? ;)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2013, 10:10:01 am »
Chris
It is amazing to see how the little ones enjoy this event !
Folks seem to like watching them have fun about as much as having fun them selves!
when a young-en out shoots dad a shout goes up all around and the games really begin !
When a young-en  gets a bow shooting or a point done everyone is super excited and congratulations come from all around !
It is one of the very best parts of these gatherings for sure !
I can't wait for the fun to begin!!
Look out frogs and snakes at Wilder Creek the kids are on there way !!!!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2013, 10:37:24 am »
I will be bringing my 14 year old boy with me. My wife and oldest cant go afterall, bums me out. Jacob and I will still have a blast..........talk about gettin out shot Guy? Jake will get me quite often if he knocks the rust off first. The kid can shoot! He is all excited to get camp set up and walk the course 1200-1500 times over the weekend! We will be down by Friday dinner time or so. The massive BL trees around there is enough to make a guy want to go back, never seen locust so big.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2013, 08:31:45 pm »
Well that's a bummer pal....I still haven't met your ole lady n how long we been good buddies? Maybe Elm Hall cus its close? Can't wait to razz jakey boy again ;) is Davey gonna come down this year?

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22:40 pm »
Jeez, Hawkster.  I never even thought of that.  I may have to whip up a shooter for him.  Thanks for the heads up!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2013, 09:23:03 am »
Chris Im not sure if Dave is coming along? Guess I better ask! I was concentrated on getting my fam down there and never thought about that ding dong!

Matt I think Dylan and Jake walked the course at Elm Hall more than once last year. Hopefully they hook up again in Marshall.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2013, 11:06:31 am »
I'm certain that they will.  I know Dylan is looking forward to it.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline bhenders

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2013, 01:31:47 pm »
Does anyone have a PDF of the Marshall Flyer?  I've been trying to get on but have not been able to get a response from the Marshall people.

Thanks

blackhawk

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:14 pm »
@bhenders ...This is prob the best place to go to see what its all about....;)

https://www.facebook.com/MarshallPrimitiveArchryRedezvous?ref=stream