Linked Events

• Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous: May 24, 2013 - May 27, 2013

Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 51678 times)

Offline paulsemp

Re: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2013, 09:53:19 am »
A few more

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2013, 10:00:21 am »
Cool pics Paul!

I never even got my camera out. I did the same thing last year. There is just something about Marshall that screams slow down, relax, take it easy and talk to my dear friends. Pics just never crossed my mind.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2013, 10:22:23 am »
I see a few familiar faces. Looks like great weather too. Wish I could have been there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2013, 10:53:38 am »
High of 70 Pat. The nights got cool. I think it was 35-38 night. I was toasty in my bag, but getting out for coffee making was a tough proposition. Thats yew bowyer and DGF to Ryans left. To my right in the last pic is my chumba wumba buddy Marty (OLD TIMBER BOWS). I love him dearly! Bob (Chamookman) has the glasses and brimmed hat and thats Codys brother Landon with the red shirt on. Talk about a lights out shooter, I didnt want nothing to do with that young man on the course. And he has a gorilla grip when he shakes your hand, thats always a good sign!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2013, 12:34:19 pm »
Thanks for putting names with faces Chris. I forgot to type them with the pics

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »
I am home , but so wiped out it may be a few days till I come to enough to be able to think !!
Soo proud to be a part of this family of all around good folks !
I better not give names right now or I will forget some, a huge thank you to all that were there, and all that helped out !!
Mike and I thank you all !!
I have to go unpack now so see ya after bit !
The worthless old nut from Ohio!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

blackhawk

« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »
I'm on the road heading home from visiting family,and just uploaded a bunch of pics...I'll post em after I get home from my PC....:D

What a blast....I think I had more fun this year(is that possible?)....the whole weekend is nothing but a big highlight...the friends,or should I say family to me ;)...the trading of materials...the making of bows...shooting shooting and more sshooting ;)....the AWESOME dinner on Saturday eve(thanks to all who donated either food,services,or money to make that happen :)....n one of my favorite moments was when pearly,Paul,and I went and shot the course with a bow we made Saturday that was still unsealed and unfinished...Cody came along too but he cheated and used an already sealed finished bow..lol...but we shot our bows in by walking the course n I carried a scraper n sandpaper in my back pocket in case I needed to adjust my tiller...but none of us had too....Paul had a rawhide string on his he made n halfway thru his string broke n he had to borrow one of our bows to finish shooting the course...lol....good times....good times :D

A slew of pics to come soon from me...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2013, 05:31:46 pm »
Yup, that was fun shooting all three of our new bows at once. Ol' dead eye Paul was knocking em' dead even while switching bows every target. Of course the selection of bows he had to choose from didnt hurt anything. It was a dream weekend for any archer/bowyer/knapper or relaxer.

I had the pleasure of eating chef Pauls fine cuisine all weekend. It was a real treat camping next to him and meeting him. Both of our dads cut meat so we had lots of similar stories to chuckle about, and of course we both have our finicky meatcutters sons taste buds! The meal Saturday night was YUM-FRICKIN'-EEE! Thanks to all the chefs, doanters and set up folks......even that ol' worthless nut from O-H-I-O.

blackhawk

« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2013, 09:17:24 pm »
marty and chris(and me) working on some wood,and my wife cooking some dogs  :D

paul working some yeller  :)

chris straddling his own wood  >:D

my baby girl playing with my clamps n tools while I work on a mulberry stave  :)

uncle marty and "his" baby girl...lol  :laugh:  if she ever goes missing I know where to find her  :laugh:

garys first up  :)

next up is cody  :)

matts boy Dylan  :)

codys lil brother landon ...n he shot better than his big brother  ;)

matt nock hunting for garys arrow...lol  :laugh:

sunday morning we went out as a family minus one who was so exhausted from running around the previous days,and decided to rather sleep in...the kids have so much fun together there  ;D first photo is of my youngest son with his arrow in flight  ;)

my oldest daughter pointing to her arrow...she was so proud of that shot(and so was dad,n he put it in the 12 ring  ;D...)... ;D

my lil buddy boy drawing back to shoot with me n my two daughters looking on  :D

my wife drawing back to shoot..  ;)

me shooting with my baby girl on my back  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

and one last picture of a family shot after shooting a round.....(minus our oldest son who was still sleeping when we got back...lol).... :laugh:   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

wished I took more pics...sorry guys  :-[  :'(  ::)     :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline YewArcher

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2013, 10:23:33 pm »
Had a real nice time. It was nice meeting you all and felt good to scrape on some wood.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2013, 10:30:03 pm »
Nice pics Chris, that little one of yours gave me my baby fix while I was away from mine.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2013, 08:23:32 am »
Great pictures,looks like a great time,sorry I missed out. :( From what I heard you couldn't have ask for better weather. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2013, 09:58:47 am »
Nice pics, Hawkster!  We sure enjoy camping with your family.  And Wee-wicki had plenty of friends to play with on his toy blanket.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2013, 01:28:09 pm »
Nice pics Chris !
Sure wish I was smart enough to post pics , every time I try it does something different and I never do get them to here !
Oh well long as everyone had a good time !
I am a happy camper !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline RyanY

« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2013, 12:12:58 am »
So glad I was able to make it out this year. Always a pleasure seeing friends and meeting new ones. Can't wait to see it pick up even more next year!  :)