Linked Events

• Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous: May 24, 2013 - May 27, 2013

Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 51818 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2013, 01:44:01 pm »
I could be on easy street if I end up going alone. I will sleep right in the back of my truck and "camp" will be a breeze! I took Friday off, so I may end up getting there Thursday night, or early Friday morning. I have a solar shower now so I can get cleaned up better over extended stays, Im a stickler about be sweaty and nasty!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2013, 07:55:17 am »
Still in my game plan,depending on how my foot goes,had it lanced Last Thursday and on antibiotics for 10 days,then back to Doc. to see if all is good,feels better for now. :) :) Looking forward to it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2013, 09:21:24 am »
Pappy this is just what the doctor ordered. You will be totally relaxed up here. Sure hope to see you in a few days. Three times in one year, how lucky am I ?!?!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2013, 12:52:32 pm »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2013, 02:18:18 pm »
Dang this ones sneaking up fast on me...I still don't have everything out of my toolbox n buckets from the classic....to busy catching up at home with honey dos and wood harvesting...by the time I'm all caught up till prob be time to leave...maybe I should just leave my stuff packed..lol  :laugh:  ;D

Pappy..Marshall is a pretty chill laid back good time with friends...it sure ain't the madhouse running around like a chicken with your head chopped off tennese classic ;)..pearlys prob right..just what the doc ordered ;)

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »
I am looking forward to not going on this site for a few days and hanging out with some you guys in person !

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »
Man that's like twice now I have to agree with Pearly !
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  is generally good medicine , it has helped me out a few times for sure !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bhenders

« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2013, 11:44:56 am »
Well, I'm not an expert bowyer so I can't add much to the bow building part BUT:

1.   I've made a small charcoal 'oven' that I use to straighten bamboo for arrows.  I'm bringing that and will set it up on Saturday (sometime) for people to use (I'm also bringing some straightening tools). 

2. I use Japanese stones to sharpen things and will bring them if anyone wants to learn on them.
If you've got stones that are dished and need to be flattened, I'm bringing my flattening kit but am low on 220 wet/dry Emory cloth.

3.  I also have some pine pitch on a stick if people want to trade for it.

Thanks and see folks at Marshall.

Note for any beer drinkers:  Marshall is the home of Dark Horse Brewery, one of the best micro-breweries in Michigan.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2013, 01:28:22 pm »
It is almost time to go ! WooHoo!!
Folks I have been calling around and Talking to many that come ( yes there are still many of us Primitives that are not on the internet ) I am planing on putting to gather a meal for Sat. night  ,if you are interested let me know !
The plan for now is to take up donations for the meat by Fri Eve the 26th and for those that will ,to bring a dish to pass !
I will have a meal ticket for all that help ,we will get in line first !
Then after the Meal we will do a drawing for the Raffle items !
See me Wed -sat  if you have items to donate for the raffle !
Thanks to all that help !!
If all the talk means anything there will be several folks there this year that we have not seen for awhile and many new folks !
I am really getting hyped up !
I started packing and will leave from work Tue afternoon !!
Anyone else excited ?
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »
Well yeah!  I'm excited! :o
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2013, 04:50:09 pm »
Im raring to go myself Guy! Plan on me donating something to the potluck, cash or food or help.

As of now Im a going alone. Thats not all bad because now I can sleep in my truck bed and not mess with a tent. Easy in - easy out! I have 5 Hill canes put together I want to test fire all weekend. Hippy gave them to me at the Classic.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2013, 05:43:21 pm »
Guy, I know we'll have something for the pot-luck.  What did you have in mind for the meat dish?
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2013, 10:06:52 pm »
I'll try to contribute something to the meal...were probably gonna bring marinade deer steaks,tenderloins,n back straps baby..mmmmm...and maybe something something for the raffle table...

Me and Blake(my 4 year old son) are still working on and chipping away at making his first real bow,n trying to have it finished before we leave so he can shoot it there ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:10:21 pm by blackhawk »

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2013, 11:44:38 pm »
For the sat meal we are going to try to get some money together for pulled pork
We will talk it over Thursday and Friday !
Most of the old timers at Marshall don't want to bring food to share they would rather donate money . I thought we would give it a try . If it works out we will turn it into a full fledged hog roast next year !
If not we will go back to just sharing with each other in camp !
I am also open to a boil on Thursday eve. if others want to, I have my 30 gal turkey cooker packed and ready to roll !
In fact almost every thing is packed !
The yard at Wilder creek is mowed and most of the coarse is cleaned up !
Nearly ready to rumble !
Bring some broad heads we are going to blast some of the old 2D targets apart, with a 50-50 shoot for cash ! on the short coarse !
Are We there yet !!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline JEB

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2013, 09:06:30 am »
Just got a call from a flintknapper friend who wants to come down to Marshall and set up to sell some points and knives.  He asked if there was a set up fee.

For those in the know: Is there any kind of fee for someone that wants to set up a table to sell arrowheads and flint knives?

If so, how much?