Author Topic: What does the wife say  (Read 10844 times)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
Re: What does the wife say
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »
Hahaha very good replies Keenan. All valid!
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 04:56:18 pm »
Ive come up with a new expression that i've used more than once lately.

"More patience than a bowyers wife!"

Feel free to embroider it on a pillow.

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 05:03:06 pm »
Looking for staves while on date walk       

:-[
Don't shoot!

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 06:46:44 pm »
Lol. No wife so my whole house is a workshop... FYI... I use the heat gun and a clamp or vise to flatten horn. Quick and effective... Brian
But who makes your biscuits?
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 10:52:39 pm »
Lol... I cook them with the heat gun to!
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline JLoranger

• JLoranger Illustration
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 11:39:47 pm »
The whole apt. is a workshop. Girlfriend doesn't mind since I am a bigger neat freak than she is. Usually its a good plan to warn her what animals/parts I have stashed in the freezer. Doesn't like the smell of hide glue though....
Giving it your best effort is what anyone should expect.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 01:15:14 am »
My wife once gave a speech at Toastmasters about living with a hunter/bowyer.  She sited going to the freeze to get blackberries and touching a frozen coyote's nose.  I use to make bow in our guest cottage, but she had her exercise equipment there.  She didn't like the dust and smells.  So, she MADE me build a workshop.  All is good now. :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Patches

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 03:28:11 pm »
I walked through the house with cane pole and a noose on it, and my wife asked what I was doing I said "Going dumpster diving at the butcher shop for deer legs.  I need sinew."  She just laughed saying that she never thought she would be with someone who went dumpster diving at the butcher shop.  Another day I drove her around to garage sales.  We were driving down the road and I seen a roadkill fox squirrel, but I needed a tail for a string silencer, so I just stopped, threw the squirrel in the bed of the truck, then jumped back in the truck.  she just laughed and said "Bow making stuff?"  I said "yep!"  Ended up with three roadkill squirrels from that trip.  Now she actually points out roadkill squirrels to me!  She finally understands my addiction. 

"Resistance is futile...she will be assimilated!"  I am going to make her a bow later this winter and try to get her to start shooting with me when I go  :) 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 07:36:39 pm »
That reminds of a time I saw a road killed porcupine. I jumped out with some wire cutters and went to town getting quils. Maybe I'll try some bead work? Who knows...
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 07:53:20 pm »
Patches, take your wife to the TN Classic.  When she sees how much fun you're having shooting the 3D range she'll want to shoot, also. It work on wife 2 Classics ago.  She would have finished 4th last year in the women's selfbow division if she'd turned in her score.  I bet she'll turn it in this year ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline bow101

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:35 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ???........lots of dust.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:46 am »
Hey Bryce, a quicker way to get quills is to throw a blanket(should have one in the truck for emergencies ) over the Porcupine ,then just pull it off. The quills all stick to the blanket and come off the animal quite easily. Pull the quills (or push them through) when you get home. The  wife won't even have time to ask you what you're doing before the deed is done.  FYI .the animal doesn't have to be dead to do this. They move slow and are easy to sneek up on, due to poor eyesight  ,hearing , sense of smell.............Good thing they have the quills.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 01:32:29 pm »
Hey Bryce, a quicker way to get quills is to throw a blanket(should have one in the truck for emergencies ) over the Porcupine ,then just pull it off. The quills all stick to the blanket and come off the animal quite easily. Pull the quills (or push them through) when you get home. The  wife won't even have time to ask you what you're doing before the deed is done.  FYI .the animal doesn't have to be dead to do this. They move slow and are easy to sneek up on, due to poor eyesight  ,hearing , sense of smell.............Good thing they have the quills.

Wish I knew that earlier lol I always have a wool blanket in the trunk!
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 02:38:14 pm »
I often get accused of looking at and describing trees in terms that are... too intimate. Plus everything else on Keenan's list.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »
Yes,eyes rolling,growling@ me after turning my back porch into a lumber yard,bows all over the house!she says I'd rather play with my wood than her!lol!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.