Author Topic: What does the wife say  (Read 10842 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: What does the wife say
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 10:57:18 pm »
I sure hope my wife never looks in the very bottom of the deep freezer. ::)

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline WoodMunkey157

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 01:16:58 am »
Makes me not want to get married... ::). I get enough grief from the girlfriend's visits.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 01:59:35 am »
David, it took my wife 3 months to find a beaver head stashed in our freezer  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 02:48:52 am »
What was the question? Shes still yellin from last time!!  :(
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 03:24:51 am »
Common phrases:
"what the heck is that smell? "
"Why is there a dead animal in my living room!!?"
"Your not doing that inside the house, you have a shop for a reason"
"Get that dead animal off my couch!"
"Where's my_____(<--Insert kitchen item/s)
"How long until you get _______ out of my freezer/frig."

My response: "I don't know"
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 05:50:07 am »
I got me a mobile stove with two plates, nice one from the sixties, cause the house was dripping after steaming a stave for 90 minutes. Can do that stuff outside now, wich is good for my marriage. I need my wife to stay positive about my hobby, cause she is surely the only one who will listen to my constant drivel about some bent sticks with never ending patience and interest.  :-*
Really, it's mostly good to be married  ;)
Only thing that she really hates is socks full of sawdust.
Don't shoot!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 08:06:50 am »
That's why my shop is at the farm and open air shed. ;) ;D her kitchen is her castle and I don't think she really even like me in it at all. :) she tells me all the time,you ant at the cabin or with a bunch of guys. I forget sometimes. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 10:00:12 am »
There's a don't ask, don't tell policy for anything in the freezer marked "NOT ICECREAM" ;)

Offline jimmy

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 10:41:27 am »
Very funny post guys.  It's always amusing to think of how someone can be "jealous" of wood or how us guys stash animal parts around the garage and in the freezer.  I'm guilty as charged.  My wife is very understanding being from deep down in Oaxaca, Mexico.  I have gotten a few stern warnings from using her cooking pots.  I suppose guys all throughout history have been through this, and good women put up with it.

Offline darwin

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 11:24:45 am »
mine always complains that i have a lumber yard in the living room, but we live in a town house with no garage where else am i supposed to keep my wood? :(

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »
mine always complains that i have a lumber yard in the living room, but we live in a town house with no garage where else am i supposed to keep my wood? :(

Valid point
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 12:18:24 pm »

We have no garage either. I have one room that I have basically turned into an inside shop, and it is my haven.

EDIT: I should add that my wife is ok with it (so some degree) as she uses it for painting and ceramic work, which would be impossible anywhere else in the house due to our feline infestation.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 12:40:48 pm »
<snip> ...anywhere else in the house due to our feline infestation.
A little 30 - 40 lbs short bow can be VERY effective in cleaning up that feline infestation issue for you if you use properly spined arrows and some razor sharp broad heads.   >:D  >:D  >:D    ::)  ;)

OneBow

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29:20 pm »
<snip> ...anywhere else in the house due to our feline infestation.
A little 30 - 40 lbs short bow can be VERY effective in cleaning up that feline infestation issue for you if you use properly spined arrows and some razor sharp broad heads.   >:D  >:D  >:D    ::)  ;)

OneBow

a blowgun is even better, silent and deadly
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Keenan

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 03:38:15 pm »
 Wife: How do you plead on the following charges?

Boiling horn in pan until burnt?                                                        Husban: Uh,,,, really hard to say right now
 Taking up refrigerator freezer space with frozen sinew glue?                       Uh,,,,, there's only a few containers,,,     
 Leaving bows on kitchen table?                                                                     Uh,,, you mean today?
 Shredding sinew and sorting on coffee table                                                    Uh,,,I clean up the mess?
 Coming in for dinner from the shop smelling like fresh sturgeon?                    Uh ,,,Totally guilty >:D
 Making extreme mess of deer hide hair from working hides.                          The pressure washer did it!
 Filling cooler with fish skins while on vacation.                                               Didn't want to waist them?
 Bows hanging on drop lamps?                                                                       Just need to dry a little more!
 Four thousand piles of stupid sticks,,,,,                                                          Yes, but they are not all good staves
 Spending days after ice storm searching the area for downed trees,            Yes, being frugal
 Looking for staves while on date walk                                                            Guilty as charged
 Gathering goose feathers while walking sandy shores with wife.                    Not much different them collecting sea shells on the beach?
 Slamming on brakes to check dead snake.                                                     Sometimes they are still good?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:54:56 pm by Keenan »