Author Topic: Exactly where and when is the tenn classic  (Read 10038 times)

Offline Will H

Re: Exactly where and when is the tenn classic
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013, 10:01:40 pm »
I'll see what I can do pearly! ;) lol
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:55 pm »
We can have a drum roll when ever someone fires the first arrow out of a new bow.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 07:45:00 am »
You can always beat on a hollow log Pearl.  ;) :) Good pictures ,at least Miss Cathy
was in one to pretty it up a bit. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 10:02:16 am »
Don't give Cathy all the credit, Pappy.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2013, 10:13:38 pm »
Ask any Twin Oaks boys, we could not put on the Classic without the help of friends from other places,  I'd throw out some names but you guys know why you are.  It's all about passing it along.  Without you folks to assist we'd fall over the cliff.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline seabass

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2013, 11:15:56 pm »
Jon,you guys work you butts off for us.i for one really appeciate all you do.i get there early and have seen all the work that goes into the classic.you guys fed 750 people on a saturday night.that in its self is an amazing feat.twin oaks is a well oiled machine my friend.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2013, 12:13:07 pm »
After reading this thread you guys got me all lathered up to get my kansas butt in gear and make the trip happen this year.

It sounds to me like we might fit right in with you boys. Our big thing has been going to OJAM every year. We take a pretty large contingent. In the evenings we eat like kings and break out the guitars and the jug and have a grand ole time around the fire.There are alot of folks there and for the most part every body goes to bed pretty early. I guess our idea of early is early in the morning, lol.  A couple of years back there was a group of boys scouts camped on the other side of the cedars from us not too far away. I think they may have earned a badge of merit for putting up with our drunken revelery that night. I felt the need to appologize to the scout leader the next day for our keeping them up all night. He was pretty gracious and informed me that had they not had the boys with them, they would have been right in there with us.

I mentioned to my wife that if I'm not knee deep in a hail storm in early may that we need to try and make plans to take the trip. I'm gonna do a cost analysis on driving verses flying. If we flew the big challenge would be where to sleep cuz i sure don't wanna miss any of the late night festivities by staying in a hotel. She sounds like shes game so theres a good chance it'll happen.

I'll let you guys know when a solid decision is made.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline seabass

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »
you won't regret it Danny.sounds like you would fit right in.
Middletown,Ohio