Author Topic: Lost a close friend today  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Lost a close friend today
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 09:32:01 am »
Looking at that last close up picture you can certainly see the kind and gentle nature of her personality in her eyes. Horses are a special
kind of animal that one can really bond to . Very sorry for the loss Keenan.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 11:34:57 am »
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. Each day is a new day with new beginnings. Staggering to realize just how bonded we get with our extended family members. Thank you all for your support, Keenan & Lulyn

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 08:21:18 pm »
Very sorry to hear that, Keenan. it's hard when you have an animal that means more then just a "pet".
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 09:34:45 pm »
Thanks Eddie, so true!

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 07:10:15 pm »
Keenan,  Let me extend my condolences, as well.  Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 07:14:21 am »
So sorry Kennan,very hard to loose a good friend like that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 08:44:49 am »
My condolences Keenan. It's always hard to loose a family member. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 10:11:00 am »
Keenan:  Do I ever know the pain of losing a horse that has become part of the family!  I lost my mare last year after 22 years.  She was always the spoiled girl and always was nose first into any thing that was going on!  The sad thing is her half brother will probably be next and am not looking forward to that!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Keenan

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »
 Thank you Ron

Thank you Joe. First thing every morning was looking out and seeing her watching to see if we were up yet. It's strange to look out and not see her any more, See was always the first to greet and was a very vocal girl. When ever we were out in the wilderness I could tell if all was OK or is something was amiss just by her chatter.  One night in particular she woke me up and I could tell something was up. Woke up to find the gilding was lose and wondering around. It was like she kept saying ("Hey stupid you better stay close by there are big cats out here")

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 12:37:55 am »
sorry to hear about that...with the passing of one friendship a new one will begin..i will be praying for you..

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 06:48:05 am »
The little misses told me about this a few days ago Keenan, Hang tough Ol'bud. Always hard to have to part with a good friend.
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline stickbender

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 12:41:20 am »

So sorry to hear of her passing, Keenan.  I know the pain of losing a good four legged buddy!  As for meeting up with your buddy, count on it.  There was a kid on TV who had died in a traffic accident when he was three, and came back to life a little while after he was on his way to the hospital.  He told of all that was happening during the accident, and the rescue efforts, and the er, etc.  But he also told of heaven, and the unbelievable colors, and colors, that don't exist here.  He was asked about animals going to heaven, and he said that there were a lot of animals there, a LOT!  I have always believed that if you aren't going to treat a pet as part of the family, you shouldn't have it.  Again sorry for your loss, it is no different than a human loss.  Take comfort for the love and kindness you gave her while she was with you.

Wayne