Author Topic: Look at the beautiful furs  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Dean Marlow

Look at the beautiful furs
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »
My nephew runs a commercial beef cow herd and the last few days he has been getting the coyotes while he is feeding his cattle in the mornings. Asked me if I wanted them and said  I sure do. My neighbor and his son are trappers and said they would help me skin them. Look at some of the beautiful furs. They have  everything. Looks like a bunch of quivers to me. Dean

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Look at the beautiful furs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »
That is awesome Dean! I wish I had one. We have yotes around up here, but not quite like you do down there. You dont see these in the daylight up here unless hounds are on their ass, and thats still alot of work to find them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:36:30 pm »
could use a new one for the Interpretive programs we do here in Yosemite.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:39:57 pm »
 Great looking skins!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 03:35:25 pm »
Real nice looking skins Dean. I've wanted to take a yote with a selfbow for a long time. Last year while deer hunting I spotted one coming down the trail towards me as I was getting ready to get in my stand. I got down on a knee and when he was eight yards away I
shot him square in the chest then watched as he ran about sixty yards and stopped to turn and look at me before bounding off looking
completely unhurt. It was then that I found my arrow in the leaves right where I had shot him on the trail. When I pulled my arrow
out of my quiver to prepare for the shot I didn't take the leather broadhead sheath off! lol, seems I just educated a coyote.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 09:21:27 am »
Sweet looking skins,they are really full this time of year. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 01:09:52 pm »
He had over a hundred coons drying there. Said he had caught over 20 coyotes. They had there first River Otter season here in Illinois and they caught some of them also. I couldn't believe how big they were. The river otter were really hurting our fish in our little private ponds by killing the fish just for fun. You would see where they caught a fish and drug it up on the bank and take one bite out of it and leave it. Dean

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 06:18:21 pm »
Some prime plews there brother. A coyote hide makes a great rifle scabbard, I use a spring yoddler hide for my flinter
Modern Day Tramp