Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 850736 times)

Offline Poggins

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2013, 10:09:38 am »
Got a big Osage tree down and the staves and billets home now I need to cut the rest of it up for firewood for the land owner and the brush piled up.
Want to cut two more down but I need to work on what I cut already , three pickup loads pluss all scattered around in the barn and in the yard it got dark on me.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #706 on: March 15, 2013, 10:13:47 am »
I did a first assembly test fit on my soon to be turkey gun, almost finished but still a lot of small wood shaping to make everything even side to side.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #707 on: March 15, 2013, 10:39:14 am »
We better get a picture of you and a dead turkey this spring Eric! The smoke pole is coming around very nicely.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #708 on: March 15, 2013, 11:02:20 am »
Made Irish stew for Ms Kerrie's montessori classroom. 50 little kids. Changed the recipe a bit beef instead of mutton no Ginnuess beer. Instead I drank a couple pilsner in leau of. Bin doing this for 7 years
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Roy

« Reply #709 on: March 15, 2013, 04:48:43 pm »
Very nice, Eric..

Offline chamookman

« Reply #710 on: March 15, 2013, 06:37:04 pm »
The Flinter is lookin' good Eric ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bigpapa

• all the senorita's call me bigpapa
« Reply #711 on: March 16, 2013, 12:23:34 am »
Well, i managed to make some shavings out of what might soon be my grandaughers erc bow. And to keep her occupied today, made my first river cane flute. Took a few pieces but finally worked. If anyone else on here has had any expeience with them, can ya tell me how to get a deeper tone? I ended up making two, and they are just about the same tone. Maybe I need bigger cane? Who knows. Lol! All in all a good day. Gonna be making sparks tommorow!! Woohoo!!
Our only limitations in life are the ones we put on ourselves!
Dream your dreams, and fly like the eagles!

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #712 on: March 16, 2013, 10:48:49 am »
I often have people ask me about the "kit" I put together when they see one of my gun builds. For some the concept of a plank build is unknown.

Here is my fowler in the beginning stage.

Offline bubby

« Reply #713 on: March 16, 2013, 11:12:24 pm »
we took are oldest granddaughter, she's 13, to run her first 5k and she did fantastic, then worked some bows, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #714 on: March 17, 2013, 10:08:44 am »
Debarked 15 hackberry staves and gottem sealed. Wore me smooth out.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline hatcha

« Reply #715 on: March 17, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »
Did more re-arranging of "stuff" in my shed and, with some help from my son Brandon, I finally made a start on building my first proper workbench.  Will hopefully get it finished tomorrow.  I'm no carpenter, so I'm hoping it'll be fit for purpose for a while to come :)

Eric - did you order that "plank build kit" from somewhere?  The pictures above show just how much work and effort you've put into it!!  Incredible work!!

Offline Roy

« Reply #716 on: March 17, 2013, 09:10:53 pm »
Gearing up for another Bownanza tomorrow in my shop. Have about 4 guys coming over to make bows...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #717 on: March 18, 2013, 09:03:51 am »
I had a great weekend. Played my drums Saturday and made an easy $150 bucks, started sealing a yew bow, got DVS's bow almost ready for heat and got Bubbys bow roughed out and ready to work down to floor tiller, got two sets of billets chased and resealed, stitched a grip on my nephews bow and burned my chip pile up.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #718 on: March 18, 2013, 10:56:24 am »
Shot my fowler, ignition was a little slow, got to polish the lock internals. It hit low left but I probably snatched the trigger, hard to keep one's composure on a first shot. Lots of thinking"did I do everything right or did I make a pipe bomb", must have done it right, it shot like it was supposed to.

I have to finish the stock before I do anymore testing, too much black powder crud gets in the open wood grain after a few shots. Will need some more sanding to get it out before I add the finish.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #719 on: March 18, 2013, 02:12:47 pm »
Today told my boss I have 10 working days left plus five weeks of vacation to take, then retirement! Never thought I would make this move at this point, but I'm going to give it a shot. Little nervous about it, but think I'll be okay.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...