Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 848579 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #480 on: February 10, 2013, 11:21:30 am »
Incredible work Robby,  some day ::)

Offline Roy

« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2013, 11:59:48 am »
Awesome work Robby.

Offline bubby

« Reply #482 on: February 11, 2013, 01:29:11 am »
was dinkin' around doing some cleanup, cut down a privet, got some staves there, cut a nice sized oleander, got a stave there, went to wally world and three houses down the street and around the corner a neighbor was getting her mulberry trimmed, stopped and talked to her and she had the boys buck up some nice big branches for me, like 8" dia. stuff all I had to do was load'em up ;D. the guys wanted to see some of my bows and while i'm showing them the bows, she says "I've got an old bow and some arrows from Vietnam want to see them?', i'm lookin' at these cool arrows and bow that she said she's had for 35 years or so, then she gives them to me, SCORE!!!, i'll post some pics later, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #483 on: February 11, 2013, 01:46:03 am »
Now thats a good day Bubby.   Looking forward to seeing the pics of the bow.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2013, 03:15:21 am »
yeah OO, once in awhile an old dog finds a bone

Offline cracker

« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:57 am »
Spent the weekend helping my son move into his new house. Took turns babysitting my 10 month old grand son, had a ball playing with him he's a sport. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #486 on: February 11, 2013, 09:56:07 am »
heya bubby-looking forward to seeing pix of that bow!
wild women don't get the blues

Stringman

« Reply #487 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:49 am »
Daughter an I was fighting the flu for the last 4-5 days and we ended up spending a lot of time together in the house or in the garage. Yesterday I was doin a little knapping when she sat down across from me and joined in. It was just too good a shot to pass.

Thankfully, we are all feeling better, and headed back to school/work.

Scott

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2013, 10:46:01 am »
scott-thats priceless! and precious!

glad yall are feeling better too!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Stoker

« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2013, 12:00:41 pm »
Stringman- Those are some nice pics. It ain't long and your watching your daughter graduating college.
Went perch fishing with my son. Caught tons but only went home with 8. Had a nice visit with the fish cop. He gave me some good info on a few lakes. Got a vac leak on my ice auger still trying to figure it out. It runs than sputters and dies. I put all new fuel lines on last year. Thinking the diaphram or the gasket.
Saturday night went to a high school musical play "Guys and Dolls" my niece was in the play. Those kids sang and danced their hearts out. It was really good.
6 days till Ms Kerrie goes to New York and the bathroom blowout happens. Got everything ready to go. Operation " Jettub" is a go on 16th at 7am MST
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Keenan

« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2013, 12:29:26 pm »
Great pics Scott.

Because I know people are getting names already and I see Marie is on the site I am checking constantly for the magical PM that will send me running in who knows what direction.  Checking, Checking, checking, checking, you get the idea! :o

Offline bubby

« Reply #491 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »
these are the pics of the Vietnamese bow and arrows i was gifted, the bow is 66" ttt and 1 5/15" at the widest point, and nearly 3/4" thick in the grip area, high crown and flat belly with a strip of boo for a string no nocks on the cane arrows but some cool points, one has barbs cut in it, arrows are 52"-54" in length with tips

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »
WOW!  That is some cool stuff Bubby. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:51 pm »
That's crazy looking!  I would like to see it shoot.  Just a strip of bamboo for a string?  I guess no stretch in that string.

Today I gathered some bamboo to trade and I heard my neighbor's chainsaw going so I went over to check it out and he was half way though taking a hackberry tree down.  I told him that I would like the trunk part cut here and there so now I have two hackberry logs to split and season.

Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2013, 06:44:36 pm »
Finally got home from school and ate some delicious homemade bread, watched an episode of Hawaii five-o, practiced my awful hand (offhand) shooting in my basement with the airgun finally seeing my groups shrink some, got outside and did a little shooting with a old red oak bow, studied for a physics test, and my days only part over... Still have to go to boxing later tonight. Pretty damn good day.

Jon