Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 848590 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:15 am »
Came down with the Flu yesterday - YUK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline darwin

« Reply #436 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:54 am »
We have been haveing a bug problem for awhile and when i discovered them in my oatmeal i decided it was time to take more drastic measures so i cleaned out the fridge freezer and pantry, and i was shocked to discover the amount of food that we had tucked away in back corners that was expired. I threw away about 6 garbage bags of food that had gone bad most not even because of the bugs. I felt so disgusted with myself for the sheer amount of wastefulness that i felt i had to share, don't be like me.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #437 on: February 06, 2013, 12:06:17 pm »
Well lastnit was interesting amanda went in to false labor :( didnt get home till 2am and no baby yet
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #438 on: February 06, 2013, 01:43:59 pm »
Came down with the Flu yesterday - YUK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob

Blame it on me Bob, I brought it to Martys party. I couldnt stand missing it and dragged myself down for the day. Sorry!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #439 on: February 06, 2013, 02:25:38 pm »
Sterling, Sorry about the false part,,,,,,,,,,,been there done that. The real thing should be soon!

Bob, sorry to hear that . We have had a nasty cold bug the last couple weeks.  Im going to blame it on Pearls >:D

Stringman

« Reply #440 on: February 06, 2013, 02:30:54 pm »
Ugh! The flu is running thru my house now too!

Scott

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #441 on: February 06, 2013, 02:45:53 pm »
Some sort of sickness in my house also.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #442 on: February 06, 2013, 04:17:12 pm »
I know it knocked me down a few pegs. Other than stitiching a grip on my static, I havent done anything in my shop for 18 days.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #443 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »
Well lastnit was interesting amanda went in to false labor :( didnt get home till 2am and no baby yet

I have been there several times before Sterling.  That is so frustrating.  You think the time has come and then you get sent home. 
The first time that happened I was at work that evening.  It was my first child and didn't want to miss it so I was speeding like crazy.  That's when I learned my 96 saturn topped out at 108 mph  :o
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #444 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:23 pm »
Allright, I'll blame You Pearlly - even tho 50% of Genessee County has it too  ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #445 on: February 06, 2013, 09:51:03 pm »
Nice i didnt know those cars went that fast. Update for today her mucus plug has started coming out:) so hopefully in the  next few days Sullivan will be here :)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #446 on: February 06, 2013, 10:09:09 pm »
It was aided by a downhill slope.  Good luck Sterling  :)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #447 on: February 06, 2013, 10:11:01 pm »
Thanx clint :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #448 on: February 06, 2013, 10:12:37 pm »
I built a bark lined briefcase out of 1x2's, plywood, brass furniture.  There is no explaining it, you will have to look at it:

Now here it is opened:

By now I am sure many are scratching their heads.  And for good reason.  You don't see one of these every day do you!  One side is American elm bark, the other is cottonwood.

Lots of you think I'm about as nutty as an almond orchard, and you're not far off!  But this isn't proof that I'm ready for the white dinner jacket with the wrap around sleeves and lotsa shiney, shiney buckles and straps.  Not quite yet.  This has a purpose.  Behold!

Owls by nature are nocturnal, much like teenagers, werewolves, and other monsters.  They are often colored cryptically (camoflauged) in order to blend into their environment.  I built this background in order to allow the owls to feel more relaxed when on display at programs.

This little eastern screech owl came from Raptor Rehab of Kentucky. She was hit by a car late this summer and suffers from a detached retina.  Her eyesight is affected enough that she is unable to successfully hunt for herself.  We obtained her under Federal Permits to become one of our education birds at the Black Hills Raptor Center.  She's a red phase bird, most are grey colored.  We are slowly getting her used to being around people and we hope she has a long life with us doing wildlife education in schools and in the public. 

Six ounces of raging predatorial raptor, BEWARE her wrath!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline seabass

« Reply #449 on: February 06, 2013, 11:08:28 pm »
i saw a pygmy owl in kentucy when i was young.i was opening a cattle gate to get the truck trough.we had the head lights pointed right at it sitting on a low branch.till this day,it is the only one i have ever seen.great pic Jdub.
Middletown,Ohio