Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 849722 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #3225 on: June 10, 2024, 03:34:12 pm »
well, the week of June 3rd I was in a historic log and wood preservation class. Got to put into practice skills I knew of but have never used. Got to use a wide variety of axes, slicks, chisels, screw jacks. Learned how to replace crowns on log cabins, hewed some logs, cut notches and other preservation techniques. It was a good time meeting new folks too.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3226 on: June 19, 2024, 11:56:04 pm »
well, the week of June 3rd I was in a historic log and wood preservation class. Got to put into practice skills I knew of but have never used. Got to use a wide variety of axes, slicks, chisels, screw jacks. Learned how to replace crowns on log cabins, hewed some logs, cut notches and other preservation techniques. It was a good time meeting new folks too.

Oooh, that sounds like fun!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3227 on: June 22, 2024, 10:18:04 am »
I saw my first tomato horn worm damage yesterday; I couldn't find the worm but I have a surprise for it tonight when I get out my UV light and look over my tomato plants.

For those of you who don't know, a UV light makes the horn worms glow like a lime green glow stick after dark and are very easy to find or so I thought.

I found the worn that did the damage, it was a darker color variant and didn't glow under the UV light, this is the first one I have ever seen with this coloration and hope it is the last.