Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 849862 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2115 on: January 21, 2015, 07:15:40 pm »
Someone made out like a bandit! ;)

An "Outlaw"   ;D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2116 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:06 am »
Well - yesterday I went to the post office. I mailed 7 packages only one of which was not afor a PA folk. I also learned a money saving lesson.... make sure you are using a flat rate box and not a priority mailer which is the same size but does not have the words Flate Rate Box printed on it. Some were to finish trades and some just were. Ya'll have been an awesome bucnh of folks! One day I hope to meet many of you!

Stringman

« Reply #2117 on: February 08, 2015, 03:14:23 pm »
Spent the weekend chasing birds. Had a great time and finished with 9 pheasants and 10 chukar.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2118 on: February 08, 2015, 04:54:50 pm »
Nice pictures Scott.  Those are some pretty birds.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #2119 on: February 08, 2015, 05:00:08 pm »
Sweet i used to love pheasant hunting but about the only place to do it know are farm raised at $25 a bird used to hunt the fields on farms but just aint many birds anymore
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2120 on: February 08, 2015, 05:49:02 pm »
Hey Scott,
Love bird hunting,,,,quail, grouse, pheasant, dove, love them all, but the best part of bird hunting is watching the dogs...back in the 70's my cousin had bird dogs... pointers...loved hunting behind those dogs...then the birds (quail) got far and few between.......no more fence rows (habitat)......it was hard to jump a covey in a day.. Still like a good dove shoot but it is a little different dogs are only retrieving no hunting/pointing.....
DBar
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:03:52 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2121 on: February 09, 2015, 05:04:46 am »
Thanks for posting Scott ! Old Bird Hunter here too. My Setter Izzy is 11 years old now - She and I are both retired now. We harassed the Grouse & Woodcock populations here in Michigan - no Pheasants left  :'(. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2122 on: February 19, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »
Well not today - over the weekend. I went home for a cousins memorial service. He was a logger back home. Then we had a close friend pass. then my bosses father  passed - been a long february already as we lost several other native elders as well.

But while I was home I did get to see sand hill cranes, swans, red tail hawks and some areas with evidence of the native people that lived there long before the idea of "discovery" by folks like Chris columbus. It is an area recently reclaimed by the Mountain Maidu people from Pacific Gas and Electric. This is the outcome of litigsation against PG&E and they have to give up a bunch of their land holdings for cultural, tribal and other easements. My dad is the chair of one such committee.  Visits home are few and far between and never long enough. I think I am gonna have to change that. Will be going home for his Birthday this year as he will be 70 in March! Hope you all are having a beautiful day where ever you are!

Offline bubby

« Reply #2123 on: February 19, 2015, 12:27:07 pm »
That's all good news about the land ben, man you have had a rough one this past year
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline dmathis992

« Reply #2124 on: February 21, 2015, 12:13:25 am »
Hello all,

I'm still very new to all of this but extremely interested and enjoyable. I'm in the middle of a move so didn't do much of what I wanted. Although I had to clear out all my recycleable glass so now I have around 50-60 bottle bottoms to practice on.have a buddy that owns a local bar so I pretty much never run out. But definitely a good idea on the day to day. I can learn a lot from this kind of talk.

Dalton

Offline BryanR

« Reply #2125 on: February 21, 2015, 03:53:01 pm »
Heading for the dry cleaners this morning, my truck starts making a grinding and clunking noise.  Dashboard warning lights everywhere.  Looks like the transmission, because I can go backwards but not forward.  AAA tows me to the Ford Dealer.  A salesman at Ford gives me a ride to Sears.  Sears rents me a U-haul truck to get home.  All of this in a snow storm.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2126 on: February 21, 2015, 05:25:07 pm »
That's a crappy day right there.  Good luck with the truck.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2127 on: February 23, 2015, 07:35:16 am »
I peeled a ring off an old 90's something stave I got from Clint. Shaped her up and reflexed/tempered it. Ill add some statics to the ol' gal tonite. Been a while since I used osage, feels good and smells better.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2128 on: February 23, 2015, 09:18:54 am »
I am in week 5 of shoulder surgery rehab, feeling much better so I tried to chase a ring on an osage stave, it was a no go, the shoulder couldn't stand any pulling motion with my draw knife no matter how slight. I sharpened all my chain saw chains so I could feel like I had done something. I have one of those fancy motorized chain sharpeners, sure does a good job.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2129 on: February 23, 2015, 08:41:40 pm »
No sense wrecking 5 good weeks of hard work, Eric.  Let that stave age like a fine wine!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.