Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 848913 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1725 on: February 17, 2014, 09:16:03 pm »
Looks like some good stuff!

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #1726 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:12 pm »
Damn, your hard work defiantly payed off.  Looks like awesome stuff.  My neighbor brought a piece of osage back from OK last summer that I need to work on soon.  I wish trees like that grew in ID :)

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1727 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:47 pm »
Thanks everyone , I have three small logs left to split an a lot of bark and sapwood to remove.
My body is telling me about it this evening and my shoulder is sore from carrying those bigger staves out of the timber , but it's all worth it .

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #1728 on: February 17, 2014, 10:45:36 pm »
You're'da'man!!  ;D When you get a hot shower and a good nights rest you're gonna feel so damn proud of yourself that you'll probably awake  4 in the morning with a pot of coffee and a 5 hour energy drink and have them down to bow ballistics by 5 in the evening.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1729 on: February 17, 2014, 11:46:59 pm »
Got to go back to work , I almost need to go back and cut the other big tree that I found , if they do not have enough staves for OJAM they ask me to bring some with me , my stock stays low and I need to get a good supply .
I'll work on them after work in the evenings .

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1730 on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:22 pm »
I made 10 gizmos to take to the Spring Fling, glued some tip overlays on a BBO I am making, priced a new tractor $$$$$.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #1731 on: February 19, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »
I finished putting my new AR together.  Then after zeroing it, I went Coyote hunting on a neighbors place with a buddy of mine.  No luck there, but had some fun.  :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #1732 on: February 19, 2014, 09:54:17 pm »
Nice large batch of osage Poggins, made my back hurt just looking at the pics. :)   Like your leaf spring wedges too.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1733 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:50 pm »
I caught a work release inmate huffing electrical contact cleaner out of a bag at work today.  He was so messed up he couldn't walk or talk, he was mumbling and had to hold on to something to keep from falling.  I called the jail and they came and apprehended him.   

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1734 on: February 20, 2014, 12:00:16 am »
Those inmates will try anything , we have a crew that we haul around and we have to keep a close eye on them , the ones we get are on their way out but they mess up sometimes and get more time added on .

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1735 on: February 20, 2014, 01:41:53 am »
I've been holding on to a postal claim ticket for an oversized package since Friday and finally, after a 7" snow and a federal holiday I got to the PO today. I handed over the claim ticket and the clerk went to the back to retrieve the package. about 10 minutes later she came back saying she couldn't find the package. Finally another clerk suggested the first one look in another location and sure enough there it was...a long rectangular plywood box. I was running late for work so I threw the box in the car and headed for the office.
 I got home a little after 3, changed my cloths and began to open the box. This box was screwed together and tape over that.
 When I unwrapped the bundle inside this is what was in there...

It been a while since I've shot a glass bow and this one shoots like a dream. She's fast, smooth and accurate...and beautiful. The accent wood in the riser is leopardwood I think and the limbs are actionwood and brown glass.  I grabbed 4 arrows and went out to shoot her. Three cedars at 45# and 1 tapered poplar at 50# to 55#, they all shot right where I was looking.
 This bow was built by David "Trux" Turning of Las Cruces, New Mexico.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #1736 on: February 20, 2014, 03:49:37 am »
That's a beauty Pat, is that your  trade  bow from tradgang
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1737 on: February 20, 2014, 04:23:02 am »
That's a keeper Pat !NICE - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1738 on: February 20, 2014, 10:06:52 am »
Yeah Bubby. It is the bow I received in the TG bow trade.  On TG they give you the option of a wood or glass bow and this year I said anything. This was a very pleasant surprise.
 Thanks Bob.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1739 on: February 20, 2014, 10:30:09 am »
That looks like a sweet bow Pat!