Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 848944 times)

Offline seabass

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1140 on: May 25, 2013, 12:37:48 am »
i am so sorry to hear that Eric.stay strong,we are all praying for you.good luck brother.i got good news and some bad.we got our results today.she don't have congestive heart failure yay,but she does have two leaking valves.she has already been through three open hearts.first one she was two years old.they repaired a deformed valve.in  96 she got an artificial valve.in 07 they replace the artificial valve with a human valve.we have been together for 23 years.i was there for the last two surgeries.she has been through hell and back.she is the toughest person i know.i love her very much and will be here till the end.i hope everyone here that is having health problems or is with someone having health problems stay strong and keep up the fight.never give up.your state of mind plays a key role in the outcome.good luck to everyone.i'll be praying for you all.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #1141 on: May 27, 2013, 03:07:21 pm »
Just in from the shoot and run smack into this !
I will be praying for all you folks !
My heart goes out to you all !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #1142 on: May 27, 2013, 06:39:59 pm »
i sure am sorry to hear this, but i know that God's got a plan for you guys and your familys and somehow something good will come out of this mess, he's got it under control even though it sure as heck don't seem to look like it, you are all still in my prayers.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1143 on: May 29, 2013, 12:51:18 am »
I've been helping out on the tornado cleanup in Moore and Carney , the turnpike ( my day job) has sent trucks and equipment to help cleanup and I volunteered to work through the holiday weekend . The people there were glad to get help , many of them made sure we had water and there were people there that brought food around to the ones helping clean up. We averaged around one hundred loads of debris a day for seven days and hardly made a dent , the contractors are moving in and we have to move out ( the contractors can go on private land were we have to stay on the curb ) . 

Offline AH

« Reply #1144 on: May 29, 2013, 01:44:32 am »
Sorry to hear that eric...
one of my friends died from cancer a few years back...it hurts.
I'll be praying for you and your wife.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1145 on: May 29, 2013, 10:19:17 am »
Shop time is good therapy.

I have been working on this for a while, the filing sanding and polishing of the lock took about a week to complete.

Started with this;

Finished up with this;

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:23:52 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline Josh B

« Reply #1146 on: May 29, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »
Glad to hear the good news pearly!  Eric, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's condition.  I will keep you and her in our thoughts and prayers.  As far as my Dad goes, he had a his carotid cleaned out last Thursday and five bypasses yesterday morning.  He was off the machines and munching ice chips last night.  It'll be a long recovery   but that's better than the other option.  Thank you so much to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  Josh

Stringman

« Reply #1147 on: May 29, 2013, 03:37:37 pm »
Good to hear, Josh!!

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #1148 on: May 29, 2013, 04:00:11 pm »
Glad everything went OK, Josh. Been thinkin about you and your dad.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #1149 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:09 pm »
Josh
Good to hear your dad made it thru !
Still praying !
Guy

Eric
Good therapy indeed ,for a tuff spot to be in !
Still praying for you folks !

Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline seabass

« Reply #1150 on: May 29, 2013, 06:35:02 pm »
glad to hear the good news on your dad Josh.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #1151 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:48 pm »
sure some hard times for some good folks.
wish there was more i could do.

might seem trivial in light of some of the troubles folks here are having, but im moving and have a new shop!
havent had any place to work cept the front porch for sometime now.
really really excited about this and looking forward to getting all my tools etc in place and start making stuf.

some pals are gonna help me build some shelving and we will winterize  soon.
a friend gave me a small woodburning stove so will have heat come winter.
and one more pal gave me an old fridge for beer!! my life is surely blessed

wild women don't get the blues

Stringman

« Reply #1152 on: May 31, 2013, 03:59:48 pm »
Sadie that shop looks amazing!! You are gonna love having a work space, if you're like me you might spend more time out there than in the house! Congrats!

Offline hatcha

« Reply #1153 on: May 31, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »
Sadie, that shop's incredible!!  It's filled with character :)  I bet it "feels" great just standing in it as it is...?
What's the pipe outside by the window for?  I was thinking it might be for a stove but can't see one in the pic looking back at the door from the inside.

Today I finally built myself a tillering tree...  It ain't the prettiest, (or the best-built, I'd wager), but it'll suit my needs.  Well, I'm sure it will as I've yet to put a bow up on it :D

Time enough tomorrow for all that ;)

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #1154 on: May 31, 2013, 05:19:10 pm »
Sadie I'm jelly.  I'm still working from my porch.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018