Author Topic: First dry scrape buckskin  (Read 5019 times)

Offline primitivepaulette

Re: First dry scrape buckskin
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »
Made a couple of smokehouses but nothing beats the sack for a real good smoking!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 12:37:58 pm »
Looks good Pappy.A lot like I do it.Your dead on right feeling good about the results.Working time on the hide for me is usually around 8 hours start to finish.I love how misquitoes just stay away wearing the stuff.I like to put them in the house after they are smoked for aroma therapy.I use hickory bark to smoke.
Nice work John.I went down to the goodwill store.Bought an old car coat and used that for a pattern.Worked great.You ought to be able to cinch those seams up tighter than a nats ass using that buffalo backstrap I gave ya.
Beadman I had a great time at your place yesterday working that twisted limb of a bow. Thanks for having me over. Thank you for the backstrap. That should really do the trick on that seam. Shaun had me over this morning to hunt and I saw 5 deer all out at about 50 yards. It was real cold about down to zero. I handled it well with the right clothes. I was able to stay in the stand till 9:45. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 08:59:53 am »
Good for you John.It's not about the kill all the time for sure.
I'll do my best to make good use of those nice points you made on my dogwoods.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed