Author Topic: Bad luck strikes again!  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Ifrit617

Bad luck strikes again!
« on: December 27, 2012, 02:58:15 pm »
Hi All,

I recently broke my ankle,  >:(  :'( :'(and am having trouble moving around my basement where I get most of my work done. As I work primarily from my workbench vice, I am always on my feet. I was starting a new bow that I was planning to finish and bring to a spring primitive shoot and now I dont think that is going to happen. I am curious if anyone may be interested in helping me to finish up the bow. It is an Osage stave that is quite clean and the bow I had in mind is a short bendy handle Native American bow. I can send you dimensions and stats that I had in mind. I would do all the finish work since I can do that part sitting down. Also if you have a extra simple bow lying around, I may be interested in trading for that instead. Please PM me if you might be able to help me out, and we can work on a deal. Thanks.

Jon
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:40:55 pm by Ifrit617 »

Offline KShip85

Re: Bad luck strikes again!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:28:21 pm »
Sorry to hear, that.  I've had numerous basketball caused ankle injuries and I know they can really knock ya out of things you want to get done.  Hope you heal up quick!  When you're back on your feet and if you'd still want some hackberry let me know and I can send some your way.  I don't have any bows laying around right now.  How soon would you need one?  If I had some time I could try and come up with something.  What specs you looking for?
Kip Shipley    Bloomington, IN

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »
Thanks Ship,

I may take you up on that hackberry offer once I heal up.

Jon
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:39:15 pm by Ifrit617 »

Online sleek

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »
What state are you in? ( aside from a state of pain that is...) I wouldnt mind helping you out, no trade needed. At the moment I dont have any small bows that arent already spoken for. Pm me the specs if you are interested. You can see my quality of work on my facebook, KLHCustomArchery. ( Not a plug, just so you can see what I have made ) Just google the name. I can have your bow finished and back to you in a mater of weeks. 
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »
Jon,

That is too bad.  If you wait until Jan6, when deer season ends here, you're welcome to this bow which I am now hunting with.  It's not a real fast bow, having taking a couple inches of set.  http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7031/6655940221_b4a65f2dec_z.jpg  I intend to build another shorty for next season with wider limbs to reduce set.

George
St Paul, TX