Author Topic: Anybody in South Carolina?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline bigbird583

Anybody in South Carolina?
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:51:36 pm »
Well I've been reading alot of posts and recently found the build-a-longs, and I gotta say you all are true artists.  I just can't believe all of the info that is on this site.  Thanks to all of you for unselfishly sharing your knowledge with us newbies.  So my question is, are there any traditional archery people near Elloree SC.  I would like to find maybe a good TA supply shop and maybe an archery club that I could get involved in.  I can tell that this is something that I am going to become addicted to and would like to get to know some other people that are into this too.  I'd also like to hear about any events in the area that I might be able to go to and soak in some more.  Thanks everybody.

Offline randman

Re: Anybody in South Carolina?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »
Johnston lives in SC
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:26:52 pm »
Hi,

Pat Brennan has a camp-o-rama each July up in NC in the Brevard area...all the fellows there are the best...everyone will help you with building bows, arrows or napping...the trad archers I met in SC at their event tend toward all fiberglass bows and such...didn't meet anyone into primitive at the one SC event I attended...treat yourself to a wonderful experience and make it to the Tennessee Classic up above Nashville in Aprilish next Spring...I made it once and have always wanted to go back...

All the best'
Rand-Catahoula
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:40:22 pm »
I live in Reevesville, not to far from you.  My friend David Shull lives near Stumphole Landing.  He shoots traditional/primitive like myself.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline dsquad

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 11:49:47 am »
I'm in conway about 2hrs east of you and also new to primitive bow making and looking for some kind of group to get together with.

Offline bigbird583

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:42:47 am »
Hello all.  Well I'm new to these forums and kinda forgot that I posted this one.  But I did figure out how to find my posts this morning.  I just moved to SC and also am just getting into bow building.  I look forward to getting to know a few people from the site and I'm sure I will be on here asking alot of questions once I get rolling on my first bow.  Anybody got any pics of some native SC trees to help me learn some of the trees here? 

Offline bigbird583

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:55:59 am »
Oh and like Dsquad, I would also like to find a group or club to get together with.  I've got alot to learn and any opportunity to soak in some info would be great.

Offline mbs

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 10:32:00 am »
I'm in Charleston. I'm trying to get started making primitive bows. I do make primitive arrows and some flintknapping now. It would be cool to have a group, and have some get togethers in this state. I've tossed around the idea of doing a trad/primitive hog hunt on wma or something?

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:21 am »
    I'm in Sumter right in the middle of you folks let me know if you decide to meet up in the future. James, I fish Stumphole area often. I also bowhunt right across the river from Stumphole at Hickorytop WMA.  It would be nice to have a shoot or meet up somewhere.

Don
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:14:31 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;