Author Topic: Arm Guard and Tab  (Read 1176 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Arm Guard and Tab
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:35:47 pm »
Not too much attention to deatail, and the tab was made backwards, if I'd a layered it the way it was intended, it'd a been a lefty.  For one of my young Buddies for the holidays.  Now if he;d only buy that old glass backe long bow off me.  >:D  Thanks for lookin, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Arm Guard and Tab
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:47:03 pm »
Better than my leather work, thats fir shir.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 08:21:50 pm »
Looks like it'll work right handed  just fine. What are the rivets made of on the arm guard? Sort of look like old buffalo nickels. You killing any deer over that way on your break? With all this snow, I'm going do some stalking the next few days and hopefully put some meat in the freezer. Take care and good work there Derik!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:40 pm »
nice work Derik.i like the arm gaurd.how did you make the nickel buttons?
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 10:03:59 pm »
 Love the armguard! Looks like you got photo bombed by a member of the family tho!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:21:00 pm »
Thanks for the replys guys.  The rivets I got @ Moonshine Leather in Nashville, IN, they are sold as conches, but looked more like buttons.  Just hammer them together, I used a little superglue to though.

No deer yet Tracy.  When we pulled into the drive a bout 15 minutes ago there were three right across the creek from the house.  I've kinda decided not to shoot the though, it's a mature doe w/ here yearlings.  I've done that the past couple of years and always end up leaving one yearling to fend for it;s self. I'd rather shoot a lone doe or a buck this year, but the time is to the wire now.

Thanks again guys, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)