Author Topic: Anyone a Chukar hunter?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline rileyconcrete

Anyone a Chukar hunter?
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:34:22 pm »
I have been hunting chukars on a regular basis now for around 6 or 7 years.  It has been a rough road, with losing my first wirehair two summers ago due to an auto accident.  Then I got a new wirehair with the same bloodlines.  Anyhow, most years leading up to this one have been great.  this year has been tough. We finally got some snow here in southern Idaho, so the few birds that made it, are down where a guy can access them.

I was just wondering if other guys were noticing a decline in bird numbers in other areas of the west.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Anyone a Chukar hunter?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:22 pm »
Use to hunt chuckers in Hell's Canyon and that is a shotgunners nightmare!  We used to have a lot of them around the bighorn basin near Cody, Wyo. but hardly see them anymore!  Sad as they are some kind of fun to hunt, especially if you are not going to need them for your main source of food!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline rileyconcrete

Re: Anyone a Chukar hunter?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:41 pm »
Joe

I have heard that was the case in hells canyon.  guess it has a good name.  I have always wanted to go there (only a couple hours from here)  just never have gone.  I went to nevada last year and that was killer.  we shot alot of birds in three days.  Never been to wyoming to hunt.  maybe someday....

Tell
Tell Riley