Author Topic: gift exchange shipped and received  (Read 54411 times)

Offline BearG

Re: gift exchange shipped and received
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2012, 02:54:12 pm »
Well I was going to say I shipped Friday and Paulsemp (Paul) got Saturday but he beat me to it.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2012, 03:16:47 pm »
You are welcome auggie i hope the knife didn't break in shipping
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2012, 04:44:54 pm »
 ??? I received 2 different packages and am not sure which one is for the Christmas exchange.
Got a really nice Molly style bow from halfeye that shoots great and perfect for my weight and draw length. 
The 2nd package was from S.D. but I didn't get a note with it and not sure if a member sent it as I didn't recognize the name (or if it was from a different forum). It was a shoulder quiver that looks like it was made from beaver pelt and an arm guard.
I'll try to get picks up later today. ( camera battery is charging)
I'm finishing up points on the bamboo arrows and my package should go out Wednesday.
This beaver pelt quiver is too nice not to show the pelt so I'm thinking of turning it pelt side out and redoing the strap attachment. This is Nice!!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:08:11 pm by Fred Arnold »
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2012, 04:49:48 pm »
Santa came early.  ;D  The mail person delivered a big cardboard tube today. When I opened it I was thrilled to see this beautiful  snake skin(prarie rattler I think) backed osage recurve made by Scott Stanberry(Stringman). As I unwrapped the protective wraping I noticed something attached to the limb with skrink wrap. It is a beautiful stone knife blade. I'm not sure of the material but this thing is sharp. I can't decide if I want to add it to my collection or haft a handle to it. I'll decide that later and for now just enjoy what I see.
  Thank you so much, Scott. This is a real nice bow...and stone blade.  Here's a few pics...

Bubby, I'm shipped and recieved!  8)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:46:40 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Weylin

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2012, 04:55:16 pm »
Wow, Pat. You got a good one this time for sure. That knife blade is especially cool. One of these days I'm going to have to try my hand at knapping.

Stringman

« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2012, 05:12:28 pm »
Glad ya like it and glad it made it safe! The bow has yellow belly skins and mesquite overlays for tips from Cip.  The leather handle is optional. I liked that it matched the tips, but my feelings won't be hurt if you prefer to remove it (the skins meet in the middle.) There is a nice red streak running thru the handle, but I'm sure that will fade, eventually.

The blade is Burlington and I would be honored if you choose to haft it up. Merry Christmas, Pat!

Scott

Offline coaster500

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2012, 05:13:18 pm »
Very nice Scott!!!

Pat you lucked out!!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:02:47 pm by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2012, 05:26:55 pm »
Thanks again Scott. The bow will remain original, handle wrap and all.   8)   I think I will haft the blade with your approval. I have some cholla that would look real nice with it. Maybe even add some mesquite from Cip on the butt end.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2012, 05:29:53 pm »
I plan to have my stuff done today, if not then Wednesday, and shipped around then.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2012, 07:14:48 pm »
Finally got a chance to take some pics of the great quiver and arrow Pat B sent to me. Thanks again Pat.

I just finished up my gift and will post when I mail it this week.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline uncleduck

• Dave W
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2012, 07:30:40 pm »
Doh! I knew I forgot something when I sent that package Fred! Well anyway, the quiver and armguard are both from a beaver I trapped last year.  Hope ya like them. Feel free to do with them as you please. :)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2012, 11:07:52 pm »
Dave, you did an excellent job on that pelt. I wasn't sure about the leather on the arm guard and I'll soften it up. Wish I had that tail to roast up for Christmas dinner.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline bubby

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2012, 01:01:59 am »
I got a sweet jawbone handled stone knife and a flaterate box full of knapping stone from will h, i'll post pics later as family is over, thank's Will, i'm happy happy, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Will H

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2012, 10:16:34 pm »
Glad it made it to ya Bub :) hope you like the
Knife! The handle is from the jaw of the 9pt buck I killed this season. I gave you a mix of ky/tn rocks for your knapping pleasure ;)  Hope you enjoy it ;)

I just got home from visiting family in AR and found a package on the front step. Inside was an awesome knife or 2 from wildman! Very cool!! I'll try and post a pic after work tomorrow ;)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline steve b.

« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2012, 11:45:43 pm »
I really like that quiver AND arrow from Pat B. !