Author Topic: FSU Spear  (Read 11195 times)

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
Re: FSU Spear
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 10:31:53 am »
What do you get when you cross a Gator with a groundhog?
Six more weeks of bad football.  ;D
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 06:18:32 pm »
Including that weekend in Tallahassee? ??? ::) :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 06:55:50 pm »
Mullet, If you want a spear of your very own just pm me i will keep your secret :-X
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 07:25:37 pm »
Roll Tide. ;D

Guess we will see what ND can put on the field.

David

Huh?  Everybody knows North Dakota is into hockey, not football!  Duh!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 09:25:37 pm »
Notre Dame, JDub ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 03:46:50 am »

Don't let em brow beat ya Matt.  I have some cousins that are just plumb eat up with gator games, and memorabilia.  Their house, and van are all decked out in gator silliness! :P  they never miss a game!  There once was a Wealthy Arab, who sent his three sons to America, and when they returned, he asked what impressed them the most about America?  The oldest son, said " The airlines, you just go to any big city, and there is an airport, and you just get a ticket and go anywhere you want!  that is what impressed me the most!"  So the Father bought him United Airlines.  the second son,  said "the cars!  Everyone has one!  Some have two or more! That is what impressed me the most!"  So the Father bought him GM.  The youngest son said, "what impressed me the most my Father, was Disney World!  You have to go there two days, and still not see everything, and it is crowded every day, and is entertainment for the entire family!  That is what impressed me the most.  So the Father said, OK, I will buy you Disney World.  No, my Father, said the youngest son, that is not necessary.  I insist, said the Father, I bought your Brothers something, I must buy something you also.  So the youngest son, said, "OK, just for the memories, buy me a Mickey Mouse outfit."  So the Father ................bought..........him........ University of Florida! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
     Well I hope you get the spear made.  You might also run a rawhide strip down the shaft, and attach the little tapered tubes you can get at craft stores, and glue the feathers in those, and attach them to the rawhide strip, maybe even just drill holes in the strip, and insert the feathers in there.  You can slice the quill end, at an angle, and insert that through the rawhide, and then bend it around the rawhide, and back into itself, and wrap, and glue it.  that should hold it out straight.  Or you could just stick the quill through the hole, and cut a notch in the quill and just bend it over, and sew it, and wrap around the top and bottom of the quill on both sides. ;) Good luck with it.  You can get spear blades I think from Dixie Arms, or Atlanta Cutlery.

Wayne

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 08:07:34 am »
 I enjoy it. Swamp Lizard fans do not bother Noles fans a bit, Heck I bet Mullet has a Bowden shrine in his closet.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 10:07:42 am »
Yeah I seen it ,right in front of the water closet
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 12:16:44 pm »
Yeah I seen it ,right in front of the water closet

You beat me to it, Rog. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 01:09:43 pm »
Oh man is this a high jacked "flower" spear if I ever saw one!!!!!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline agd68

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:11 am »
FSU ..? Isnt that the latin abbreviation for Gator Bait.? Sorry, I'm Canadian, the only College teams I'm familar with are the Gators and Notre Dame so GOOO Gators
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline stickbender

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 02:26:37 am »

Water closet? ???  Dang Roger just how old are you?!!!! :o
     That was a phrase in the 1890's they used for ol John Crapper's  indoor privy!
     I have a Friend who applied to take law at UF, and they turned him down, so
     He went to UCF, and got his Law degree.  He said he is keeping their letter
     of rejection, and when he becomes Governor of Fla. and UF comes begging
     for funds, he will attach a copy of that letter of rejection for admittance to UF, to HIS letter                     
     of rejection for UF funding! >:D ;) ;D ;D One thing I will say about UF, is that there were some NICE photos of Bowden's Grand daughter on the internet.  She was a sports reporter, and seems she dumped her boyfriend. Seems she also 
      allowed him previously take some uh......indiscreet pictures of her. Seems he didn't
     like being dumped....... so he posted the pictures on the internet.  >:D >:D;D ;D 8)
                                                  Wayne

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 09:08:58 am »
Yeah Wayne UF rejects applications with drool on them and signed with an X ::)
Venice Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 10:55:56 pm »

Well Roger, you would think that is just what they are looking for!  After all someone like that would be a shoo in for their quarter back, or play book writer....... Uhhh, go get the ball...... yeah, that about fits a Gator......But I guess my Buddy, didn't attach a sizable check, so they "passed" on him. ;D ::)  But when he DOES become Governor of Fla., it will be U.F. who will have dropped the ball, and caused a touch back! The Noles, will score double. ;) And U.F. will have to go crying to it's Alumni, begging for funds. :'(  Oh the ignominy  :( of it all!   It will be a sad time .  The Gators will be so down in the dumps, they'll feel like their bellies are dragging the ground......oh, they already are, along with their knuckles. ::)

You're a hard man, Roger, you're a hard man.... ::) But I respect you for that, i guess you need to be, if you are going to hang around a Mullet.  ;D ;D ;D  Oh, yeah, staying on the original subject, so how did the spear turn out?  Oh as for the "FSU" standing for free shoes university, those shoes are made of gator hide....... ;) ;D
 Free Shoe University, no wonder every thing in the ocean is after a Mullet! ;D 
                                  Wayne

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 04:26:36 am »
The spear has not yet left the planning table. I have several small projects in front of it. Still shopping around for the cheapest source of imitation eagle feathers and other supplies. Not really in a hurry I do not get to see my friend that often so I have some time.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC