Author Topic: Wood haul, vine maple, ocean spray and yew  (Read 9329 times)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: Wood haul, vine maple, ocean spray and yew
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »
Nice haul of good looking wood. I admit to getting distracted while hunting my self.
Guess that's why it's called "bow hunting" eh..? ;)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: Wood haul, vine maple, ocean spray and yew
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 05:06:09 am »
Paul, I think you are on to something. I am going to use that now as code for stave collecting.  I am going bow hunting honey, wont be back til supper.  >:D

Carson, Your website looks great!  I wanted to let you know that your wax you gave is is great! Also love that one bow that you have on there with the wavey tip surface. Congratulations on your site

Thanks Keenan.  I am glad you like that wax.  I need to get a lot more bows up on there.  I should have a few more finished up the next couple of weeks.  I did some more nocks with that sheep horn and they look pretty neat, I can't wait to get that bow finished and posted up on here. 

Zion, that Ocean spray is dense stuff.  I love what you have done with OS.  I am almost done with a OS bow that I heat treated over coals.  Heat treating that stuff turns it into scraper dulling rock!

Bryce, that is pretty awesome! Your grandma knows good medicine!

Thanks guys.  Dictionary, I thought Kid's staves were pretty self explanatory.  It is a stave for a kids bow.  Is there a joke I am missing? 

Yes there is.

Dictionary, it is over my head.  :-\ I just aint too bright.  :-[

Nah i was asking because i thought you chose your staves based on their size or something for kids bows. Like smaller size peices of wood can only make kids bows or something.

Dictionary, sorry you had to spell it out for me.  :laugh: I did get some staves so small they would only make a kid bow.  But now you got me wondering just what I get out of one of those 1" diam 35" VM staves.  Hmmm, I bet a horn lamination on the back of the limbs would work great with that tension crazy VM. 

"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso