Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Bone Arrow Head Gallery - Sticky

<< < (19/23) > >>

wildman:
I will try to get a mini build along. There is really not much to it , these bones scream to be made into a point. They are very thick and dense towards the serious end , and thin towards the base naturally. Two cuts and some sanding/grinding make a point. I made my first one for the arrow trade that Pat B got. A friend who shoots fish and also primitive with me loves them. We have been talking about trying them for awhile now.

jmichelin1984:
I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, some of the heads ive noticed have a slight conical slot for the shaft to fit into, do you guys and gals use a half round file or some other tool to do that with?

JackCrafty:
Yes, and various other tools can be used also.  I use the rounded part on my belt sander.

Lee Lobbestael:
Has anyone killed a deer with a bone point? I hope to make some and hunt with them next season because I can't get the hang of knapping and bone points look great!

Ontario Archer:
Hello all,
      I'm new to the forum, but have been consulting it for years. Here are some pics from my first all-natural arrows, including bone broadheads. I used cow bone from the pet store, and modern tools (the smell of the bone being worked with my dremel tool was terrible!). These arrowheads passed straight through a thick couch cushion and into the rotten-log back stop many times without damage, from about 25 yards. I suspect they'd do the trick on a deer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version