Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Bone Arrow Head Gallery - Sticky

<< < (8/23) > >>

ionicmuffin:
I dont have sheets of steel laying around. i have available to me in the stores steel rods which i could cut up. This is kind of what i had in mind! its shinny and looks good.

JackCrafty:
Nope, haven't seen Dictator.  I need to see that one.

Interesting idea on the drilled holes filled with sliced steel rods.  The structure looks a little fragile around the lowest hole but other than that it I don't see why it wouldn't work.

madcrow:
Is that going to be a flat point with beveled edges?  Or will it have a center ridge?  If you epoxy the steel in and then try to bevel it for a center ridge on a belt sander, the epoxy will get hot and turn loose.  How about boring a hole, then counter sinking each side of teh hole just a bit to leave a ridge or centerline in teh middle.  Cover one side of the point with something solid and melt leade into the hole.  File it flat with the point or bevel it.  The ridge in the countersink will hold the lead in place.

ionicmuffin:
i was just thinking that i would make it flat with beveled edges, i wasnt going to have the first hole close to the notches. i would spread it out.                 

Some time next week i should be able to get some pics up of my progress, im going to try it out and share my results!

ionicmuffin:
i just finished my first set of bone arrowheads, these are the best i was able to do with my stupid belt sander lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version