Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Bone Arrow Head Gallery - Sticky

<< < (7/23) > >>

Prarie Bowyer:
I noticed the same thing about bone heads.  My plan was to use african blackwood to make footed shafts and weigh the pieces before assembly.  I'd drill a small hold in the shaft and fill it with lead shot to get up to total desired grain weight.

Scowler:
If you want heavier bone points just make them bigger.  My bone points average 70-100 grains in weight, depending upon the lengh and width I make them.  Remember that any hafting material will also add weight to the front of your arrow shaft.

JackCrafty:
Just make steel heads and paint them white to look like bone.  ;D  I won't tell.   O:)

lostarrow:
If you are using shoot shafts ,with the fat end forward, there will already be a fair bit of weight forward of center. By the time you add pitch (or whatever glue you want and your lashing material you should be able to bring the ballance point to a few inches F.O.C.  . Might save a lot of farting around with steel and lead etc. What would be the point of making a cool bone point  only to sully it with things like steel? If you had steel ,wouldn't you just use that for a point? Just sayin' ;D

Prarie Bowyer:
Jack Crafty~ did you see his latest one?  Dictator?  It was BETTER than Borat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version