Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Bone Arrow Head Gallery - Sticky

<< < (21/23) > >>

Swamp Thang:
Anybody ever get them close to razor sharp I have some made and they have great points but I'm trying to get the blade part wicked sharp.

Dakota Kid:
I got mine sharp enough shave arm hair. I used a lansky sharpener. It holds the blade and the stone at fixed angles. I wanna say 15 degrees for razors. Make sure you progress all the way past a fine grit stone. I polished mine with buffing compound for the last step.

Mother of pearl is much harder and denser. It will hold an edge longer than bone. I prefer it over bone in every aspect except the allergy I have to shell dust.  :(

lebhuntfish:
Well I made my first bone point for the arrow trade. It was made from a skull plate of a whitetail,  right where the antler grows out of their head. 
I did have trouble getting it sharp and opted to leave well enough alone since it sunk into my modern block style target just about as far as my trade points do. I plan on making more but I will be working on the angle of the point to see if I can get it sharper next time. 

Patrick

selfbow joe:
These are some really cool bone broadheads. Looks like I'm going to have to save some deer legs and give it a try.

RatherBinTheWoods:
Just read through this entire thread. I have experimented with bone previously but the points on here have really whet my whistle for it again. I guess I'll be down the pet shop later!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version