Author Topic: Quick-draw archery video (Not the girl with the horse-bow) =)  (Read 10278 times)

Offline vinemaplebows

Re: Quick-draw archery video (Not the girl with the horse-bow) =)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 10:07:05 pm »

I agree with what CMB said. I could care less about his ego, or if others don't care for his demeaner. Very interesting to me that people can not seperate personality from skill. ::)

VMB
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 10:22:10 pm »
He clearly has a talent that he worked hard to achieve. In that sense I'm able to separate his skill from his demeanor. It doesn't seem unreasonable that I am put off by his presentation and attitude though. At the end of the day, my opinion on the subject doesn't matter very much but if I were him and wanted to share my hard earned talent with people I would find a less abrasive way of doing it.

I'll bet if he was from "The United States" your guy´s would be more respectful in your comment´s! Yes i'm from Denmark ;)
And honestly I'm probably giving him more of a benefit of the doubt given that he is from a different culture than me and that English isn't his first language. I'm not sure but I'd likely feel more critical of an American in his shoes. Either way, I don't want to make to big of a deal about his apparent ego, that was just my first impression and it made me less inclined to give him more of my attention regardless of his talent.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 11:14:54 pm »
I can shoot fast and accurate. Pretty sweet. The chain male thing was dumb. Of course it's gonna go through the arrows diameter is about the same size as the links.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline vyadha

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 12:23:10 am »
the narration sounds like a translation program to me.
Amazing skills

Offline k-hat

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 12:35:55 am »
Can't remember where i read it, but I saw somewhere recently that the old english archers had to be able to loose 10 arrows in a minute WITH a measure of long range accuracy to stay in the queen's guard or whatever.  These were of course with the beastly 100#++ bows.  Sure wish i remembered where i saw it... 

Got respect for this guy, but there's still no comparison.  Guess he'd make a good legolas character. ;)