Author Topic: Question for glassbow folks  (Read 1348 times)

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Question for glassbow folks
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »
My latest problem in the archery world has to do with strings.  I was very recently gifted with a Bear Montana from Scout 76.  Thanks veeeeeery much Matt.  It was way tooo much.  On the outside I was calm about it but on the inside I was jumping up and down like a little kid on Christmas morning.  The local bowshop said it would be atleast a week for a new string because it depends on how busy the guy that he gets the strings from really is.  I have some b-50 to make my own.  Should I go with an endless loop or is Flemish twist ok?  I know three rivers sells the bow with a flemish d97 string.  Is there that much difference between b50 and d97?

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: Question for glassbow folks
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:00:46 pm »
flemish twist would be just fine in fact thats what i have on all my bows glass and selfbows, i think d97 has just a bit less stretch then b50 but i'm not positive about that
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »
No thanks needed. It's not primitive but still fun to shoot. ENJOY!
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »
97 stretches way less than the 50.flemish twist on all my bows.have fun,Steves
Middletown,Ohio

Online Eric Krewson

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »
Some  bows aren't made to shoot fast flight string material like D-97, don't know about a Bear Montana. Better check before you outfit it with a fast flight string. If your bow isn't built to handle fast flight string and your use one, it will eventually cause your limbs to split at the tips.

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »
According to the Bear archery website the Montana comes factory with a Dynaflight 97 Flemish String.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 04:37:05 pm »
The new Bears can handle it, but don't use it on the older ones. Some are pretty impressive when they let go.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?