Author Topic: New addict...I hope!!!  (Read 1026 times)

Offline k-hat

New addict...I hope!!!
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:38:35 am »
Well, i finally got some proper hand tools.  I traded a bow to one of my students for some tree cutting permission, and when i showed up with the bow, he also showed up with a nice sharp draw knife for me!!  I used it on an osage stave from the standing dead tree the student cut, and my son FINALLY showed some interest in my wood shaving with my new toy, and so I offered him to take a few swipes >:D.  5 minutes later, the late-sleeper/gamer is begging to get up early and do some drawknifing before school!!!  YES!!  I hope it sticks (pun intended ::)).  We do some shooting from time to time, but haven't been able to get him interested in bowmaking till now :D

Here he is working his next bow (I hope) from a stave i got from Bugtussle recently:

Plz scuse all the clutter, had to empty out the storage unit recently... and you know where all that went back to :'(

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: New addict...I hope!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:33:31 am »
Very cool,I remember when mine use to want to do that all the time,he made a few bow but mostly want to make shavings. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline k-hat

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:25:13 pm »
yeah i really hope it lasts.  He jumped outta bed this morning and had a good half hour of shaving, really took to it like a natural, knows just what to look for.  We'll see how he does with the soreness tomorrow!!  Practically had to pry the knife from his hands so he would go get ready for school. :)

Offline RyanY

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:34:09 pm »
If you get him to finish that bow, he'll be hooked as soon as he launches that first arrow. Can't wait to see the finished product!