Author Topic: river cane  (Read 1450 times)

Offline BearBoy31

river cane
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:28 am »
im hoping to find some river cane 40-50 spined got quit a bit to trade
Little I won't do dang little I won't try

Offline 1442

Re: river cane
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:30:30 am »
i think i might have just what your looking for at least a dozen shafts already straightened and sanded prretty smooth. will have to look tommorow and make sure of spine and will get back to you. i put them to the side here while back because they are aittle heavy for my needs but they are really good shafts.   later   terry dewitt,   orange texas

Offline BearBoy31

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 12:45:18 am »
thanks for the help 1442
Little I won't do dang little I won't try

Offline 1442

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:00:30 am »
I looked at the shafts and they are mostly mid seventys spine with three of them in the mid sixties. I do have some more I cut a few weeks ago that are drying and I havn't spined any of them yet. will spine a few tommorow and see what they say if you might be interested in raw cane like that.    Terry

Offline 1442

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 01:10:49 am »
I went through my cane stash and I have two dozen shafts in the spine range your looking for.  I had to straighten  them to get a spine value so they are straight but I havn't sanded the nodes and they go from 36 incches to forty four or so inches long.  twenty one are well dried and are light brown color and I had to get three more to make two dozen from a more recent batch that are pretty dry but our humidity is very high here and they are still a little darker color. I could sand them all too for the right trade.
If your interested in them all or part of em let me know and we can work something out. I'm really interested in knappable materail, billets, feathers or no tellin what else, get with me.