Author Topic: Looking for some broken bows for some hard testing  (Read 1396 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Looking for some broken bows for some hard testing
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:07:27 am »
Ok as most of tall know im building a hinge bow but i havent tested my hinge yet and i need to find out the best screws to use and also to test the hinge its self so id like to trade for some broken bows i need the good limbs from set broken bows im planning on over pulling them and making them break to really  test these screws and hinges. Now for trade i dont have much mostly knapping rock and a few hand made possible and  small pouches.   
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
Re: Looking for some broken bows for some hard testing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:02:41 am »
you said you have possible pouches? i have some busted bows, of varying weights. could you possibly post a picture of your possible pouches? i would be more than willing to rid myself of the broken bows.
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:50 am »
Ilsend some pics tomarrow morning i moved them to storage because i ran out of room in my tiny house 

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:10 am »
Ok here are a few of the bags i have im running low on the big bags for size reference im using my 22" kick and 14" snare hopefully you see something you like. How many broken bows do you have and could if you like some of these bags write the poundage on there  handles so i know what il be working with and adjust accordingly for these tests on my hinges  and screws :)

I appreciate the help. If these hinges work out then we all will have  a cheap option for building hinged bows in the future since actual bow hinges are close to 100$ i spent 4$ for two that seem really sturdy from  lowes. Main test will be on what kind of screws il need and how strong the hinge will be on a little side pull from a bow to see how tuff the hinge pin actually is

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 05:32:06 pm »

i really like these two. what i have is a broken 66# recurve, and a broken 72# cherry elb. i also have a 44 inch holmegaard that was destined to be a kids bow but never got thinned down, so it would be very heavy if you wanted to saw it in half
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 05:43:33 pm »
Sounds good to me il take what ever you want to send. Il pm you my addy when i get off work

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:10:56 pm »
alright sounds good